Staff Accountant, United Way
United Way of Greater Cincinnati has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant to provide accounting and financial oversight for federal and non-federal grants. Provide accounting support and processing of disbursements.
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant to provide accounting and financial oversight for federal and non-federal grants. Provide accounting support and processing of disbursements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide accounting and financial oversight for federal and non-federal grants including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide accounting assistance with grant applications.
- Process grants by (1) reviewing grant documentation including application, budget, award letter(s), specific grant requirements, etc. and (2) communicating with grant manager and other parties as appropriate.
- Research and review OMB circulars and other regulations associated with federal and non-federal funding to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Maintain finance/accounting infrastructure and processes necessary for ongoing grant monitoring/reporting, including assistance with the preparation and application of approved federal indirect cost rate.
- Provide training and technical support related to grants, including maintenance of grant policies/procedures, providing sub-recipient training, acting as a resource to grant managers and other UWGC departments, agency partners and sub-recipients related to compliance requirements.
- Provide ongoing grant monitoring/reporting in compliance with grant requirements including drawdowns, review of budget vs. actual expenditures, non-federal matches, sub-recipient monitoring, and formal grant reporting to funders as required.
- Assist with coordinating the A-133 and other audit requirements.
Accounts Payable and General Ledger Processing
- Audit and review disbursements including credit cards. Perform data entry and processing within deadlines.
- Maintain and review chart of accounts and vendor master files. Maintain IRS Form W-9 and vendor data forms. Prepare, review and submit federal form 1099s and 1096s.
- Maintain accounts payables records.
- Verify banking information is correct.
- Research and respond to internal and external inquiries.
Expense Reimbursement and Travel Processing and Reconciliation
- Audit and review of expense reimbursements.
- Provide training to UWGC staff regarding accounting policies and procedures.
- Propose modifications to UWGC expense reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Provide written annual update of key expense reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Maintain updated policies and procedures.
- Provide support for other special tasks.
- Prepare audit work papers. Respond to auditor inquiries and provide supporting documentation.
- Associate degree in accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum two-three years’ experience with federal grants and previous accounting experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS).
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting preferred.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Word and intermediate Excel.
Competencies: Accountability, Integrity-Organizational Commitment, Communication Skills, Technologically Proficient, and Time/Project Management.
Salary starting at $55,000 plus competitive benefits package
Applicants should apply by Friday, May 26, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion