Development Manager (ORF)
Ohio River Foundation (ORF) is a regional conservation non-profit located in Cincinnati, OH. Since 2000, ORF has worked to protect and improve the water quality and ecology of the Ohio River watershed through environmental education, conservation, and advocacy activities. THis position serves an integral role on the fundraising team. Our ideal candidate will contribute to ORF by being a positive, motivated self-starter with natural abilities for multi-tasking, flexibility, versatiliy, and organization.
Ohio River Foundation (ORF) is looking for a dynamic, energetic, creative professional to join our team as a full-time Development Manager (DM).
Ohio River Foundation (ORF) is a regional conservation non-profit located in Cincinnati, OH. Since 2000, ORF has worked to protect and improve the water quality and ecology of the Ohio River watershed through environmental education, conservation, and advocacy activities. ORF's education and stewardship programs reach thousands of schoolchildren each year and touch the lives of thousands more citizens by protecting water quality and improving quality of life. For more information, visit ohioriverfdn.org.
This position serves an integral role on the fundraising team. Our ideal candidate will contribute to ORF by being a positive, motivated self-starter with natural abilities for multi-tasking, flexibility, versatility, and organization. Under the direction of the Executive Director, with support from the ORF staff and board, the DM will lead and implement fundraising activities for Ohio River Foundation. The DM must be comfortable setting up systems and juggling multiple projects, while creatively connecting the dots between fundraising, communications, and programming. This is a key moment of growth for ORF. We plan to expand our base of individual giving, major gifts, and corporate and foundation partners. We are looking for someone ready for the exciting challenge of contributing their energy to ORF and helping grow revenue to amplify our mission impact.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead ORF fundraising efforts – Work in partnership with ORF staff to engage, cultivate, and steward existing, new, and prospective donors, develop major donors, and grow and create event and other fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Event sponsorship/corporate donor outreach management and implementation – Identify, develop, prepare, solicit, and submit inquiries, applications, proposals, and reports for corporate and foundation sponsorship and donation funding in partnership with ORF staff. Develop and monitor the solicit database and timeline.
- Fundraising campaign development and implementation – Organize and oversee all individual and corporate fundraising and cultivation events and campaigns. Develop and implement plans and strategies for planned giving, online giving, crowdfunding, etc.
- Grant research and support – Manage grants calendar including application and report support for program leads, and assist with grant search.
- Event fundraising, planning, and support – Create and expand event revenue programs for Cincinnati Coffee Festival and Wild & Scenic Film Festival, working with each event’s respective event lead as appropriate.
- Donor database development and management – Maintain donor records and create prospect research reports on funders.
- Plan and manage donor relations activities – Develop project updates for key donors of specific programs. Work with program staff and communications manager to manage donor appeal/fundraising outreach strategy including the process of creating and finalizing direct mailings.
- Manage ORF’s Adopt-a-Mussel program and its donors, including follow up in a timely manner with a goal to streamline and automate the program.
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop strategies and communications materials for development-specific initiatives and outreach such as organizational marketing collateral for donor prospects, email and direct mail content, sponsorship collateral, website content, graphics, etc.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profit category, marketing or communications with a minimum of three (3) years non-profit experience, including demonstrated success in fundraising, campaign management, and donor development and relations.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Grant writing success is a plus.
- Possess an interest and passion for ORF’s mission.
- Must have strong project management and planning skills and be able to work well independently on specific projects but also as a team with staff at all levels in the organization, including volunteers and donors.
- Possess an interest and passion for conservation, wildlife and nature.
- Candidate should be deadline-oriented, able to prioritize multiple complex responsibilities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and performance.
- Demonstrate good judgment, tact, diplomacy, and ability to guard confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows software and applications is required, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Google Workspace proficiency.
- Familiarity with non-profit CRM and donor management platforms (e.g., Network For Good, DonorPerfect, SalesForce).
- Experience with non-profit crowdfunding and peer-to-peer fundraising platforms is a plus.
- This job is primarily remote. Occasional site meetings require access to transportation.
- Must have flexibility to attend special events and meetings which may include working evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- The applicant may be exposed to outside weather conditions for events and ORF activities which may require their assistance. Applicant must be able to lift/move/carry up to 25 pounds without assistance.
Compensation package: Salary range $50,000 - $60,000, with bonus potential. Benefits: medical, dental & vision coverage; 4 weeks paid time off, remote work flexibility.
To apply for this position: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, with the intent of filling the position as soon as possible with the best candidate.
Ohio River Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, and/or any other characteristic or protected status.