Workforce Coach, Cincinnati Works
Cincinnati Works is on a mission to eliminate poverty. We partner with all willing and capable people living in poverty to assist them in advancing to economic self-sufficiency through employment. The Workforce Coach will provide direct services to Members as he/she supports Cincinnati Works (CW) and our Partner Employers’. The Workforce Coach will work collaboratively to promote positive employer/employee relations and create a work environment which attracts and retains highly talented, energized, productive and engaged Members who will eventually become employees at our Partner Employer sites. The Workforce Coach will be a trusted coach collaborating with Members on their journey to employment success. You will have the opportunity to work with the Member as you identify trends and barriers unique to the partnerships being supported.
We are seeking an individual who would have the skills and ability to incorporate these ideas and allow us to expand our reach, improving our Members’ lives, enhancing their employability and making a meaningful impact as we eliminate poverty within the community.
Workforce coaches believe in the Member’s own wisdom and assist them in unlocking their potential. We believe Members own their individual goals and expectations and have the ability to change them. Coaching is a collaborative relationship that promotes Members making positive decisions for themselves by exploring options and information.
As an embedded role, this individual will be located primarily on the employer site. The Workforce Coach will become familiar with workplace culture and environment, encourage an open-door policy and build relationships with employees. The Workforce Coach will connect employees to CW and company resources as needed. The Workforce Coach may act as an advocate on behalf of the employee when appropriate. The Workforce Coach will partner with managers on more complicated situations. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to develop programs based on turnover trends and identified barriers unique to the employer partner being supported.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers high quality service to partner employer’s key stakeholders and workforce displaying excellent customer service skills, coaching acumen and HR knowledge which meet and exceeds partner expectations
- Responds to research, facilitate resolution, and escalate as necessary, employee relations issues relating to performance, attendance, tardiness, theft, harassment, Code of Ethics, alcohol and drug substance abuse as well as other sensitive issues
- Identify barriers to employee job retention and success using CW intake and assessment processes
- Track employee progress with development plan and barrier mitigation pathway
- Coach employee regarding career growth, job retention skills and attitudes. Facilitate assessments to provide insight regarding career interests and pathways
- Collaborate with employee to develop individual advancement goals once job retention has been established
- Facilitate educational programming as needed. Knowledge of adult learning models (ADDIE, VAK Learning styles, etc.)
- Oversees, inputs and maintains Salesforce database; maintains member records and advisor activities/interventions in Salesforce and/or hardcopy form as desired
- Researches and identifies career pathways for employment with market stability, paying self-sufficient wages.
- Researches and maintains information on educational and career building resources that can be connected to for the achievement of employee’s goals.
- Compiles monthly/quarterly employment data and submits reports utilizing Salesforce database
- Flexible scheduling as occasional evenings and weekends may be requested
- Attends all CW staff, team and employer partner meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, education, social work, communication or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience in human resources, employee relations, program development, educational counseling or career pathways and/or job coaching
- Working knowledge of applicable employment and labor laws
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects and coordinating the activities of multiple team members to complete a project
- Experience in financial counseling
- At least 1 year of management experience