Vice President of Talent and Culture
Beech Acres Parenting Center (“The Beech” as we like to call it!) is seeking a Vice President of Talent and Culture to provide leadership and management expertise in actualizing the employee value proposition of Beech Acres Parenting Center through the development and execution of comprehensive talent strategies that attract, engage, and retain top talent. Builds capacity to motivate and support talent in a high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, collaboration, diversity, inclusiveness, equity, teamwork and excellence. Leads a team of professionals in the training and development, talent acquisition, compensation and benefit, HR compliance and DEI functions.
At Beech Acres Parenting Center, we uncover the natural gifts of children by unleashing the power of parents and caregivers. As a contemporary parenting center, BAPC serves over 17,000 people annually through a wide range of services including foster care & adoption, kinship care, behavioral health support in schools, parent coaching in pediatric offices and more. All of our programs are founded in our Natural Strength Parenting™ framework which enables parents to unlock their own potential by building on their unique strengths.
We’re a spirited team that believes in having fun and making an impact in our community. Beech Acres offers competitive salaries, a best-in show paid time off program (ask us about our “Best in Show” for Work/Life Flexibility Award!), a robust training program to support you in your journey, an award-winning work culture (we are a proud recipient of Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Workplaces Award for EIGHT years running), and so much more!
Provides leadership and management expertise in actualizing the employee value proposition of Beech Acres Parenting Center through the development and execution of comprehensive talent strategies that attract, engage, and retain top talent. Builds capacity to motivate and support talent in a high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, collaboration, diversity, inclusiveness, equity, teamwork and excellence. Leads a team of professionals in the training and development, talent acquisition, compensation and benefit, HR compliance and DEI functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and oversee a workforce plan that aligns the organization’s talent (staff and contractors) with current and future capacity and capability needs.
- Partner with leadership team to assess organizational design and structure to ensure capacity and cost-effective alignment with strategic and operational requirements. Develop plans and practices to adjust accordingly and manage change in alignment with strategy.
- Oversee and influence all HR processes in a consistent and effective manner, resulting in continuous improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of HR practices.
- Participate in Board meetings and other Board committees as requested.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets for the Human Resources Department area, ensuring that expenses maintain a level in keeping with agency expectations for operating infrastructure.
- Evaluate and modify systems as necessary for HR and agency effectiveness and efficiency, as it relates to HR and agency outcomes.
- Stay abreast of best practices, employment legislation, compliance requirements, industry trends and human capital market conditions to strengthen human resource function including hiring procedures, personnel policies, benefits administration, data maintenance, etc. to advance organizational goals.
- Respond to and facilitate investigation and/or resolution of employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment and/or discrimination allegations.
Leadership & Talent Management:
- Assess and calibrate the organization’s talent, identify critical positions, high performers and potentials in order to develop and retain talent, build bench strength, and establish succession plans.
- Build out and oversee holistic performance management process and professional development philosophy for all staff.
- Build out and implement talent management and leadership development training for all staff.
- Oversee the holistic development process of an employee from onboarding to offboarding. Ensure systems are in place to assess and monitor the effectiveness of our recruiting, selecting, developing, evaluating, and managing day to day matters of our employees.
- Manage and support the development of HR Department staff so that HR practices fully meet and support BAPC’s strategic initiatives.
Workplace Culture Management:
- Oversee and manage the agency sponsored benefit programs including but not limited to health and wellbeing, life, LTD, voluntary programs, and retirement program, maintaining effective relationships with vendor and in collaboration with the CFO.
- Assist in development, interpretation, communication, and enforcement of agency policies and procedures in accordance with applicable labor standards and requirements.
- Ensure continuing compliance with all relevant laws, rules and regulations affecting employment matters across the organization for all human resource related activities.
- Design, develop, and provide direction for the organization’s compensation and total rewards philosophy, performance management process, and benefits programs.
- Provide leadership with staff, board and relevant stakeholders to build a strong organizational culture and brand consistent with agency mission, vision, values and strategy.
- Ensure an effective inclusion strategy and follow-through of DEI initiatives for the agency.
- Engage in planning and facilitation of change management across the agency, working to support staff and articulate compassion through changes impacting workforce.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field, or equivalent of combination of education and experience; Master’s degree desired.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant HR management level experience, with a minimum of 3 years leading talent management strategies desired.
- Ability to utilize and leverage core business and HR specific resources, process, technologies, and internal/external networks when creating and building new HR related initiatives and solving business challenges.
- Knowledge of best in class talent acquisition and talent management best practices.
- A big picture, creative problem-solver with the ability to prioritize, create actionable plans, manage and deliver tangible outcomes.
- Competent in workforce planning methodologies, sourcing strategies/platforms, training and leader development best practices.
- Proven success building, leading and influencing relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook and other HR related systems, e.g. applicant tracking system).
To join our team please apply at:
Beech Acres is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BAPC provides equal employment opportunities (“EEO”) to all persons, consistent with applicable federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry, military or veteran status, color, national origin, or any other applicable statutorily protected group status under local, state, or federal law. This applies to all phases of the employment relationship including recruitment, hiring, compensation, advancement, and discipline.