Vice President of Development & External Relations
Cincinnati Works is a nonprofit organization that brings hope and encouragement to people living in poverty through a network of comprehensive employment services and over 75 employer partnerships. Founded in 1996 by Dave and Liane Phillips, the organization has helped thousands of job seekers below the federal poverty guidelines find employment and work toward economic self-sufficiency. Cincinnati Works is seeking a talented and experienced development professional to design and execute a strategic plan for fundraising, lead and manage the development team, and to cultivate and steward relationships with donors and prospects including inviduals, corporations, and foundations.
Vice President of Development & External Relations
- Do you understand the culture of poverty and have the passion to work with a leading organization that is eliminating poverty in our region?
- Do you enjoy managing and developing a team of fundraising and marketing professionals?
- Can you leverage your development and fundraising expertise to grow the base of donors, employer partnerships and volunteers?
- Are you energized by engaging with multiple stakeholders including public officials, employers, community leaders, foundations, and partner organizations?
ABOUT CINCINNATI WORKS:
Cincinnati Works is a nonprofit organization that brings hope and encouragement to people living in poverty through a network of comprehensive employment services and over 75 employer partnerships. Founded in 1996 by Dave and Liane Phillips, the organization has helped thousands of job seekers below the federal poverty guidelines find employment and work toward economic self-sufficiency.
Once a Member is established in a stable job, coaching services are provided to enable advancement to higher paying jobs. This provides the community a previously untapped source of entry- and mid-level workers, decreased need for public resources, and a solution-focused strategy to eliminate poverty in the region. These changes lead to the reduction in related problems including crime, poor health, and lack of education. With over 30% of the Cincinnati population living in poverty, the acute need for the organization’s services is clear. Cincinnati Works is primarily privately funded with support from the City; the FY2022 budget is approximately $5.1 million, with a development goal of $3.5m.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Design and execute a strategic plan for fundraising incorporating the insights gained from a recent study by Ignite Philanthropy
- Cultivate and steward relationships with donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, and foundations, leveraging the President, Board Members, and Staff.
- Lead and manage the Development team, including a Development Officer, Marketing & Communications Manager, and Grants & Compliance Officer
- Develop and own an annual fundraising budget with your team
- Establish and monitor fundraising back-office processes and database systems.
- Prepare monthly and annual fundraising reports and provide analysis to the Board
- Drive an integrated marketing, communications, and public relations strategy that supports the overall goals of Cincinnati Works.
- Oversee all external activities of CW in engaging with individuals, the local community, employers, government agencies, partner agencies, civic organizations, corporations, foundations, and volunteers.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Cincinnati Works.
- Minimum of 10 years of nonprofit development experience, with 5 years in a management role
- Bachelors’ Degree or higher from an accredited college or university with additional specialized course work in the development area.
- Professional fundraising certification desired, but not required
- Breadth and depth of development experience, including individual major gifts, foundations, annual giving, planned giving, endowments, grants, and special events.
- A solid understanding of and proficiency in branding, marketing, e-marketing and social media, public relations, and web development and management.
- Demonstrated writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Computer literate, with familiarity with Salesforce or other fundraising software; strong competence with Microsoft Office products
- Outstanding management skills with the ability to mentor and motivate internal staff as well as provide leadership at a board level.
- Strong understanding of new and emerging technologies and how they can be applied to fundraising, communications, and external relations.
- Passion for and belief in CW’s values, mission, vision, and core principles.
- Embraces diversity and respectful of a wide range of faiths, beliefs, and life experiences.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Strong goal-orientation, with inclination toward data and impact measurement; ability to interpret and respond to data.
- Excellent relationship building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team.
- Collaborate with a talented and passionate leadership team and a dynamic, inspiring CEO
- Work closely with an engaged and generous Board
- Compensation includes a base salary in the $100K - $120K range plus a competitive benefits package