Therapist - Mental Health Services
Perform diagnostic assessment and psychotherapy interventions for children, adolescents and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and co-occurring mental health diagnosis in order to enable them to achieve their optimal level of mind, body, and spirit. Therapy services may also be provided to family members of those served within the target population.
To perform diagnostic assessment and psychotherapy interventions for children, adolescents and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and co-occurring mental health diagnosis in order to enable them to achieve their optimal level of mind, body, and spirit. Therapy services may also be provided to family members of those served within the target population.
Envision provides a variety of services to support individuals with disabilities and has been a trusted resource for families for over 50 years. Our mission is to support a full and vibrant future for people with disabilities. As a member of the Envision team, full-time employees enjoy:
- Health Insurance - including vision and dental with employer-paid portion!
- 401k with employer match!
- 11 paid holidays per year!
- Up to 25 days of PTO that starts accruing as soon as you start working!
- Performance-based, annual AND sign-on bonuses!
- Fun company events (like picnics, parties, and raffles), bonuses, awards!
- Competitive industry pay, and being a part of a diverse and welcoming team that makes a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs mental health diagnostic assessment of client functioning to identify strengths, concerns, and needs to assist in diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Facilitates communication to maintain liaisons with community mental health services and other pertinent services to ensure continuity of care.
- Assists client, care provider and treatment team in gaining knowledge and acclimate to mental health diagnoses.
- May facilitate or co-facilitates therapeutic groups for clients.
- Facilitates individual therapy for clients. Provides Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment.
- Completes and maintains documentation requirements according to department expectations.
- Meets productivity standards as established by the Director of Mental Health Services. FTE’s maintains an average productivity rate of 50%. For Fee for Service Employees, productivity is individually determined and agreed upon at hire and based upon desired level of service.
- Assesses and intervenes for compliance with the Individual Service Plan.
- Maintains client case records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation.
- Evaluates client for safety concerns. Reports suspicions of abuse or neglect to the legally mandated authorities for investigation.
- Attends agency, program staff meetings, in-service trainings and individual supervision as scheduled.
- Promotes a positive work environment.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities. Maintains required agency trainings.
- Maintains currency on mental health topics of relevance, through continuing education, literature, and seminars. Maintains requirements to keep licensure current.
- Provides mental health guidance and collaborates with other team members within the agency to promote quality care. Woks collaboratively with Qualified Mental Health Specialists.
- Ensures work areas are organized, safe, accessible, effective, efficient environments for employees, clients, care providers and visitors to the office.
- Performs other duties as determined as assigned by the Director of Mental Health Services.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Interest in supporting individuals with disabilities and their families to experience the quality of life they choose.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of relating to diverse age and demographic backgrounds.
- Professional knowledge and clinical ability to provide mental health and psychosocial services to clients.
- Demonstrate an independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy and professional demeanor.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education/Experience & Minimum Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling or Social Work and current licenses of LPCC (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor), PCC (Professional Clinical Counselor), LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), PC (Professional Counselor), LSW (Licensed Social Worker) or LISW (Licensed Independent Social Worker) with the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work, and Marriage and Family Board required or Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology or Bachelor’s in Social Work with LSW (Licensed Social Worker) and at least 2 years experience in providing mental health therapy.
- Past experience working with individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities and co-occurring mental illness helpful.
- A valid driver’s license with no more than 5 points on driving record. Insured, reliable vehicle for on the job use.
- Age requirements: 18+
- Employees must submit to a Criminal Records background check (BCII and/or FBI) prior to hire and repeated every 5 years, and must not have pled guilty to or been convicted of any offenses listed in Ohio Administrative Code 5101:2-5-09
- Drug screen required for employment