Teacher Resource Store Coordinator
The Store Coordinator is responsible for merchandising the Store, providing guidance and supervision to volunteers who stock and prep materials for distribution, and ensuring all around excellent customer service for the Store experience. This role is integral in daily store shopping operations and interfaces regularly with teacher shoppers, volunteers, staff, and other visitors.
Crayons to Computers is seeking a Teacher Resource Store Coordinator who is excited to work to level the playing field in the classroom by ensuring that teachers can provide their students in need the tools to succeed in school! Crayons is a spirited team that believes in having fun and making a difference in our community and region. We are building a culture that values each employee’s unique strengths and is welcoming and inclusive for all. Come be part of making a difference for teachers and their students in need!
The Store Coordinator is responsible for merchandising the Store, providing guidance and supervision to volunteers who stock and prep materials for distribution, and ensuring all around excellent customer service for the Store experience. This role is integral in daily store shopping operations and interfaces regularly with teacher shoppers, volunteers, staff, and other visitors. This full-time role includes early evening and occasional weekend hours, and reports to the Director of Programs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Set the store/merchandising. Determine the physical layout and appearance to create “grand-opening ready” experience each day.
- Actively engage with and manage morning Store restocking volunteers.
- Keep current awareness of product available in the Store; work collaboratively with Operations staff to determine next items for distribution.
- Engage teachers by seeking feedback regarding product use and needs. Highlight or feature items for communication to shoppers and Crayons support community.
- Provide excellent customer service to teachers, volunteers, donors, and other visitors.
5+ years’ work experience in a retail or customer service-related field. The ideal candidate:
- Possesses a passion for Crayons’ mission and holds a belief that education is key to breaking the cycle of poverty
- Is skilled at customer service and building and maintaining positive relationships
- Is a creative thinker and problem solver
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintains impeccable attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and remain calm in a busy environment
- Is self-motivated and does not require close supervision
- Is a team-player and collaborator
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- Has reliable transportation to and from work
- Is physically able to pull and restock store inventory (may require lifting up to 40 pounds)
- Successfully completes a background check and drug test
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range: $36,000 - $39,000 depending on experience.
- Benefits include comprehensive insurance plan, retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off.
How to Apply: Send an e-mail with cover letter that describes your interest and qualifications for the role and resume to email@example.com. Subject line: “Teacher Resource Coordinator”.