Systems Support Specialist
Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. CoEd accomplishes this mission by helping kids learn to read, graduate, and thrive throughout their lives. The Systems Support Specialist will be responsible for managing our Airtable databases for our US and Guatemalan teams, providing help desk support to the Cincinnati office, coordinating integrations between our payment systems, and providing secondary Salesforce database support to our staff.
Are you a tech-savvy individual looking to make an impact on the world through your career? Do others remark on how helpful you are when they’re having an issue with their computer and are they in awe of your knack for learning new systems and programs? If you’re reading this, nodding, and saying, “That’s me!” we’d love to talk with you!
Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. CoEd accomplishes this mission by helping kids learn to read, graduate, and thrive throughout their lives. By providing sustainable education tools (like books and computers), teacher training, and scholarships, CoEd strives to address the root causes of poverty in Guatemala, rather than merely treating its symptoms.
We are looking for a Part-Time, Systems Support Specialist, who is proficient in English and Spanish, great with technology, well-organized, and detail-oriented.
The Systems Support Specialist will be responsible for managing our Airtable databases for our US and Guatemalan teams, providing help desk support to the Cincinnati office, coordinating integrations between our payment systems, and providing secondary Salesforce database support to our staff.
This team member will work in person with our team in Cincinnati as well as collaborate virtually with our team in Guatemala – thus this team member must be proficient in English and Spanish.
- Manage our Airtable database, including configuring and updating Airtable bases, data cleanup, and creating new bases and custom views.
- Provide help desk support to staff members in Cincinnati, responding to technical inquiries and resolving system and hardware issues in a timely manner.
- Set up new computers, and maintain phone and printer systems.
- Act as a Super User for Microsoft, Google, Zoom, and Airtable, staying up to date with software changes and the latest trends in technology.
- Manage integrations between systems, ensuring data flows smoothly and accurately across different platforms (e.g., Zapier, Stripe, Soapbox, and Salesforce). (Note: Training will be provided for these systems.)
- Provide Salesforce database support, including user administration, data management, and troubleshooting. (Note: Salesforce training will be provided.)
- Develop and maintain documentation and training materials for all supported systems.
- Collaborate with other team members to identify opportunities for process improvements and system enhancements.
Our IDEAL candidate will possess the following characteristics:
You’re filled with gratitude.
You love showing others the appreciation they deserve and recognize that thoughtfulness is key when communicating with donors.
You value attention to detail.
You care about the little things, and carry out your work with thought and integrity. Youre even watching for typos, and this sentence made your eye twitch.
You’re passionate about empowering students.
You recognize the importance of education, and long to make a difference by connecting promising students with supporters who can help them surmount the barriers to their success.
- Proficient in English and Spanish (at least Professional Working Proficiency).
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred in an applicable or related field (Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science), or a combination of education and work experience building relevant knowledge and skills.
- 1-2 years of work experience in systems support or a related field strongly preferred.
- Database experience is strongly preferred, with experience writing reports and queries.
- Proficiency in Airtable is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.