- Sort items to be shelved (numerically and alphabetically) and load book carts.
- Shelve materials in appropriate areas.
- Straighten shelves and check for accuracy of item placement.
- Clear materials from tables, shelves, and play areas and return to appropriate place.
- Maintain familiarity with basic ILS functions; ability to assist the Circulation Department with checking items in and out and various department functions.
- Maintain familiarity with the KCPL website (catalog, events, databases)
- Assist patrons with basic KCPL website and catalog use and location of items; escort patron to the appropriate service desk or staff member for additional assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Ability to shelve materials accurately in alphabetic or Dewey Decimal order.
- Ability to work well with other staff and to create a positive impression with
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently or with others in a busy department.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs up to 10 ft.
- Ability to push or pull loaded book carts weighting up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, reach and stretch to retrieve and replace books.
- Experience using windows-based PCs and software; Internet and e-mail experience; ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
Contact: If you have the qualifications for this position please apply at http://kentonlibrary.applicantpro.com/
The Kenton County Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.