Back To Listings
The Salvation Army
The primary functions of the Shelter Aide are to meet the basic needs of residents of the Emergency Shelter, adhere to established policies, and ensure the safety, security, and maintenance of the Emergency Shelter.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide residents with available personal care items to meet their basic needs.
- Prepare and/or serve meals according to the menu and following food safety guidelines.
- Deesccalate conflicts among residents when they arise.
- Ensure cleanliness of shelter through overseeing the residents complete daily chores and perform deep cleaning tasks as assigned.
- Document behavioral progress.
- Communicate shelter/resident needs to Supervisor and/or Case Manager.
- Monitor items being brought into the shelter.
- Deep clean and sterilize area after resident moves out.
- High school diploma or GED
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
- Must satisfactorily complete required training programs
Email Address for Resume Submission
Link to Apply