The mission of SFSM is to nourish and nurture people in need. The Sewing Instructor will teach sewing classes as part of the #Stitched# program and possibly additional programs within SFSM’s Sarah Center. This is a part-time position (18-20 hrs. per week, based on the class).
REPORTS TO: Sarah Center Director at St. Francis Seraph Ministries (SFSM)
POSITION PURPOSE: The mission of SFSM is to nourish and nurture people in need. The Sewing Instructor will teach sewing classes as part of the #Stitched# program and possibly additional programs within SFSM’s Sarah Center. This is a part-time position (18-20 hrs. per week, based on the class).
The Sarah Center has a rich history here in Cincinnati. As a spiritual place for women to meet and build community while taking classes in sewing, jewelry-making, and personal development, the Sarah Center has expanded its services to include a specialized sewing program called #Stitched#.
- Teach sewing skills to students. Adapt instruction to meet students’ learning needs while maintaining high expectations.
- Create a vibrant and positive learning environment. Celebrate students’ successes, including completion of the program.
- Assure students’ compliance with standards for safety and best practices.
- Meet regularly with the Sarah Center Director to discuss student progress, curriculum development, employer partnerships, and other topics relevant to the sewing instructor role.
- Manage and maintain the physical space, supplies, and equipment within the sewing area.
- Assist Sarah Center Director with other tasks, as assigned.
- Collaborate with other SFSM staff to support the success of the overall organization.
- Associate’s degree preferred, but not required
- Excellent sewing skills
- Some teaching experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and attention to detail
- Creativity and flexibility
- Technology skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work flexible hours, when needed
- Experience in the nonprofit field preferred, but not required
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of SFSM
Applicants: Please send cover letter and resume to Adina Wofford at firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject line of your email, please type Sewing Instructor.
St. Francis Seraph Ministries
1615 Republic Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202