Senior Director of Marketing
The Senior Director of Marketing will work to strengthen and grow United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s brand and engage stakeholders across sectors as the leading social impact organization in greater Cincinnati and our region.
The Senior Director of Marketing will work to strengthen and grow United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s (UWGC) brand and engage stakeholders across sectors as the leading social impact organization in greater Cincinnati and our region. The Senior Director of Marketing will be responsible for developing and implementing a holistic content strategy to support UWGC’s impact and fundraising business objectives. This includes understanding organizational, community and market trends to best connect UWGC with target audiences; managing the creation of content for all UWGC’s communication channels; ensuring that content is relevant and compelling to UWGC’s diverse audiences. The director will set organization tone, voice and brand and ensure adherence.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Lead UWGC’s Content Strategy to Drive Impact and Fundraising Business Objectives
- Strategize, manage and create compelling and engaging content for all UWGC communication channels, including web/online, video, newsletters, direct emails, advertising, marketing collateral, social media and more.
- Manage consumer and market research to understand current fundraising and donor trends.
- Effectively leverage communication channels to drive fundraising revenue, influence consumer behavior, and grow relationships.
- Strategize and manage a compelling and engaging donor journey in collaboration with Resource Development team and ensure alignment and adherence across entire organization.
- Identify and create compelling, emotional stories that resonate, inspire and motivate engagement with UWGC.
- Lead marketing and communications for all UWGC critical products and organizational positioning in the region.
Lead UWGC Brand to Ensure a Compelling and Consistent Experience for Stakeholders
- Strategize and manage UWGC brand and ensure alignment and adherence across entire organization.
- Drive alignment of all copy and content with brand positioning of UWGC and United Way Worldwide.
- Lead in the development of all organizational campaign experiences, including marketing collateral, major-giving and individual engagement collateral.
Lead a Team of Branding and Communications Professionals and Coordinate External Supports
- Manage team of communications professionals.
- Direct and coordinate purchase and/or negotiate paid and donated media placements across multiple channels.
- Liaise with creative agencies to assist with UWGC creative and brand strategy.
- Create a collaborative environment for the Marketing Team.
- Serve on cross-functional committees and teams in support of the organization’s mission and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of editorial, content marketing, content strategy or content curation role.
- Journalism, PR/communication, agency, publishing and/or professional writing/storytelling background preferred.
- Various experiences building a brand in multiple markets, keeping in mind cultural differences across audience segments.
- Management experience, including recruiting, training and building teams, preferred.
- Superior writing and editing skills; knowledge of AP style; ability to write in a variety of styles/voices.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation and understand and manage priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional local travel to events within the regional area.
CORE COMPENTENCIES: Strong writer, Creativity, Marketing, Collaboration, Accountability to team and self
Applicants should apply by Friday, March 17, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion