The Resource Coordinator will initiate, facilitate, and maintain programs and strategies that are aligned with the school academic goals, as well as youth and community development objectives. They develop, promote, and further the wisest use of community resources to create optimal positive impact by enhancing community and individual assets, meeting critical human service needs, and promoting long-term community solutions.
To support the district-wide community learning center initiative of creating schools as centers of community, the Resource Coordinator will initiate, facilitate, and maintain programs and strategies that are aligned with the school academic goals, as well as youth and community development objectives. He/she develops, promotes and furthers the wisest use of community resources to create optimal positive impact by enhancing community and individual assets, meeting critical human service needs, and promoting long-term community solutions. The work of the Resource Coordinator results in the following outcomes:
• Student academic achievement and positive behavior improvements
• Increased efficiency of the Community Learning Centers
• Improve social and economic vitality of the school’s neighborhood, and ultimately, the school district
• Positive and helpful relations with all constituents
• Participate as key leader in the school needs assessment process to identify gaps in service for students, family and community members.
• Work with LSDMC to establish goals for Community Learning Center.
• Engage community in partnerships that meet critical needs and support student achievement.
• Promote long-term solutions.
• Integrate and align resources to Community Learning Center goals.
• Maintain and update agreements for all partners and programs, (using CLC partnership agreement) and include outcome measurements against CLC goals.
• Collaborate with the LSDMC on monitoring effectiveness of partnerships in measurement or progress against CLC goals.
Coordinate all community resources serving school, including tutoring, primary health, mental health, arts, recreation, afterschool, and other any other resources identified as partners in the CLC per the community engagement process (needs assessment) and district-wide initiatives.
• Facilitate communication and relationship-building with community building partners, key stakeholders, and volunteers including participation in community groups and/or committees.
• Track partner and resource activity in the CLC using Learning Partner Dashboard.
• Prepare monthly reports for submission to school, district and Activities Beyond the Classroom regarding resource activity and progress.
• Maintain up to date records for all programs.
• Lead partnership meetings to ensure ongoing synergistic, coordinated and integrated programming working seamlessly with the school staff.
• Serve as key information contact for non-school day schedule; communicate and coordinate full slate of activities; act as key community contact person for school & their assigned school staff.
• Provide supervision and coordination of programming during and beyond the school day for students, families and the community during extended daily hours and year long.
ORGANIZATIONAL AND OPERATIONAL LOGISTICS
• Community Learning Centers is an initiative of Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS). ABC supports CPS and the Community Learning Centers by serving as the Lead Agency for 10+ schools in the district.
• This is a full-time position at ABC that will work for and report to the Deputy Director. In addition, the Resource Coordinator works closely with the school Principal as well as administration at the district level.
• The position is based on school property.
• Excellent networking, training, communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability in grassroots community outreach and organizing, leadership training, and youth development is desired
• Bachelor’s Degree and related training is preferred
• Understanding and knowledge of public schools is helpful
• Good organization/planning, team building, verbal and written communication skills necessary
• Prefer 4-year college degree and experience in coordinating comprehensive program activities in a school or institutional setting
• A commitment to diversity and a genuine concern and warmth for the students
SALARY AND BENEFITS
o Salary minimum is $46K; salary offer will be commensurate with experience
o Full benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, matching retirement, and more