Public Policy and Advocacy Manager
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Public Policy and Advocacy Manager who will serve as an integral part of UWGC’s growing policy and advocacy work aimed at supporting family economic mobility and prosperity across UWGC’s nine-county, three-state region.
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Public Policy and Advocacy Manager who will serve as an integral part of UWGC’s growing policy and advocacy work aimed at supporting family economic mobility and prosperity across UWGC’s nine-county, three-state region. As a leading convenor and philanthropic investor, UWGC strengthens systems that support family well-being. A key focus of our systems strengthening efforts is through policy and advocacy aimed at achieving short-term and long-term wins that make systems work for families.
The Public Policy and Advocacy Manager will play a key role in policy analysis and issue tracking to advance our local, state and federal policy agenda while also building the advocacy capacity of our staff, volunteers and partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide day-to-day support for staff, volunteers, and partners to influence policy at national, state/provincial and local levels.
- Track identified legislative and public policy priorities and provide updates on status changes to UWGC staff and volunteers.
- Collaborates with the director to identify and create strategy for calls to action with UWGC constituencies.
- Builds advocacy capacity of UWGC staff, volunteers, and partners through professional development, convenings and issue education.
- Supports relationships with existing and new community partners, coalition members and lawmakers.
- Represents UWGC at coalitions, conferences, task forces and legislative meetings.
- Uses UWGC messaging and message frames to prepare action alerts, talking points and testimony, issue briefs, letters, press statements, opinion editorials, website updates, blogs, and legislative and public policy reports.
- Stays informed of national best practices and trends and provides strategic advice about how to integrate into UWGC’s public policy and advocacy work.
- Monitors and evaluates program quality and impact through data collection and quantitative and qualitative analysis, including recommending areas for improvement.
- Provides project management support to the Public Policy and Advocacy Director as needed.
- Works to grow UWGC’s advocacy network.
- Organizes and executes advocacy events and initiatives.
- Together with the Public Policy and Advocacy Director, supports the UWGC Public Policy Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years’ full-time, professional work experience with significant responsibilities.
- Team orientation, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with Salesforce and advocacy software (Voter Voice, Capital Canary, or similar) is a bonus.
- Willing to work weekends and evenings and travel throughout Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana as necessary.
- Access to a car, possession of a valid driver’s license, and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Believe authentically in UWGC’s work and understand the vital role that building champions for our work plays in realizing our vision.
- Work proactively and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Operate with a mindset of learning, listening, and achieving goals.
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills and strong attention to detail.
- Be comfortable with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Work independently.
- Serve as a team player who demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ensures positive relationships with partner organizations and constituencies.
- Meet deadlines and show initiative in taking on new tasks and projects.
- Proactively seek out information, solutions to problems, and relevant opportunities.
Salary starting mid 50’s plus competitive benefits package.
Applicants should apply by Wednesday, November 23, 2022, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion