Program Manager, FCGG
Faith Communities Go Green (FCGG) has an opportunity for an Independent Contractor to assist FCGG with Energy Efficiency programs for faith community facilities in the Greater Cincinnati area. The focus will be on faith facilities in the underserved and minority neighborhoods plus other faith communities interested in upgrading their facility with energy efficiency. Relationship building and understanding what the congregations care about will be a key aspect of the role. Work will also include other FCGG programming. (FCGG.org) Send application to FCGG@greenumbrella.org
Position: Program Manager for Faith Communities Go Green
Job Type: Part-Time (20 hours per week), Independent Contractor, (minimum of 6 months)
Compensation: $25 to $30/ hour
Organization: FCGG, managed by EquaSion
Faith Communities Go Green (FCGG) has an opportunity for an Independent Contractor to serve as Program Manager to assist FCGG with Energy Efficiency upgrade programs for faith community facilities in the Greater Cincinnati area. The focus will be on faith facilities in the underserved and minority neighborhoods plus other faith communities interested in upgrading their facility with energy efficiency. Relationship building and understanding what the congregations care about will be a key aspect of the role. Work will also include other FCGG programming. (FCGG.org)
The position will focus on:
- Assisting with the coordination, management, and engagement with faith communities to gather information for grant applications for energy efficiency upgrade installations.
- Connecting faith communities to resources for planning, funding, and executing decarbonization, energy efficiency projects.
- Helping create an environment of collaboration among faith communities interested in environment and sustainability.
- Developing, cultivating, and maintaining strong, supportive relationships with Faith community members and Partners to ensure ongoing, active participation.
- Working with Faith communities to develop Green Teams and/or Facility Management Teams in congregations.
- Coordinating assessment work of multiple facilities to maximize cost savings.
- Utilizing university programs and other training opportunities for disadvantaged populations to conduct energy assessments and installation work.
- Keeping records for measurement and evaluation. Work with faith team leaders for routine reporting.
- Organizing meetings, in person and/or online.
- Assisting facility team leaders in writing possible grants for the planned energy efficiency work in their building.
- Prepare documentation and data for additional FCGG grant applications.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study, including but not limited to Environmental Policy/Studies, Interfaith Relations, Business, Community Organizing, or equivalent years of work experience in related fields.
- Three (3) years related professional experience with at least two (2) years focused on sustainability, interfaith work, or climate issues.
- Proven project management and facilitation experience.
- Ability to work independently and with the advisory committee.
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with diverse populations.
Why Work with Faith Communities Go Green at EquaSion:
FCGG began as a Green Umbrella Impact Team and is now a collaboration of Green Umbrella, an environmental sustainability organization, and EquaSion, an interfaith organization. The FCGG mission is to create a more sustainable and equitable future for all by mobilizing their moral voice to reduce the risk of catastrophic climate change and its impact on Greater Cincinnati.
We are dedicated to building diverse, inclusive, and authentic faith-based projects. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. Lived experience is equally important as educational experience. We are committed to making sure our applicant pool is diverse and reserve the right to extend the application period or seek additional candidates if it is not.
Submit a cover letter and resume, preferably as a single PDF, to FCGG@greenumbrella.org. Application review will begin September 27, 2023, but the position will remain open until it is filled. No phone calls please.
EQUASION and GREEN UMBRELLA ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS THAT VALUE DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE.