St. Ursula Villa is seeking a mission-drive, Catholic leader. As the chief executive officer of the school, the President is responsible for furthering the school’s Catholic and Ursuline mission, and serves as the key leader of strategic planning and institutional growth.
St. Ursula Villa is an independent Catholic school educating students from early childhood through eighth grade. Rooted in the Ursuline tradition, we cultivate excellence in a Christ-centered community through spiritual formation, academic growth, whole child development, and service to others.
This position is responsible for developing a high-performance team to achieve strategic goals in the areas of academics, advancement, enrollment, marketing, communications, public relations, financial management, operations, and facilities. The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated ability and commitment to advancement and working with the development office to cultivate donor relations; will have experience leading and managing people, processes, and change; and will possess excellent communication and organization skills with a genuine desire to empower, inform, and motivate others. The President reports to the school’s Board of Trustees and collaborates with the Ursulines of Cincinnati, the Ursuline Education Network, and the Cincinnati Archdiocesan Catholic Schools Office.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A Roman Catholic committed to the mission, vision, values and philosophy of St. Ursula Villa
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Proven track record of achievement in or transferable skills with respect to development, fundraising, sales or other business/institutional development (e.g., annual fund, endowment, capital campaign, planned giving)
- Knowledge of early childhood and elementary programs
- Strong skills in the areas of strategic planning and mission effectiveness
- Solid business and financial acumen
- Proven success managing and developing a senior team and providing day-to-day leadership; ability to identify key metrics and hold individuals and teams accountable for achieving goals
- Understands and can relate to the students and families served by the school
- Experience working with boards and engaging volunteers and donors to support a mission-driven organization
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Able to complete all requirements of the Decree on Child Protection for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati
Interested individuals should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 21, 2022. For more information, download a copy of the President Search Prospectus.