Office & Events Coordinator
The Office & Event Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Junior League of Cincinnati (JLC) and the Columbia Center, working closely with the Managing Director. The Junior League of Cincinnati is an organization of women whose mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training. You can learn more about the JLC at www.jlcincinnati.org
Office & Event Coordinator Job Description
Updated January 2024
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should submit a resume and one-page cover letter as a single PDF file (file name: FirstName_LastName.pdf) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “JLC Office & Event Coordinator.”
In your cover letter, please indicate how you heard of this opportunity.
Job Title: Office & Event Coordinator (Part-Time 20-25 hours/week-some weekends and evenings)
Job Summary: The Office & Event Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Junior League of Cincinnati (JLC) and the Columbia Center, working closely with the Managing Director. The Junior League of Cincinnati is an organization of women whose mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training. You can learn more about the JLC at www.jlcincinnati.org
Reports to: This position reports directly to the Managing Director.
- Staff the JLC office, receive visitors and deliveries, answers phones, manages voicemails and handles large volume of calls and general email inquiries.
- Provide administrative support to Membership, Committees, Councils, EMT, and Board of Directors.
- Maintain voice message system to include upcoming event information and office closures.
- Maintain Columbia Center calendar for both rentals and member meetings and events.
- Serve as the JLC Member Records Administrator. The Member Records Administrator is the liaison between the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) and the JLC regarding members’ records, status and contact information, includes keeping the database standardized and clean.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
Database, Bulk Mailing, and General Mailing:
- Assist/instruct committees with bulk mailings and mail merges as requested (i.e., providing labels and/or printed envelopes, printing letters, assisting with mailing preparation).
- Completion of bulk mailing paperwork and delivery to post office.
- Maintain member mailing lists.
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Process member reimbursement requests and ensures accuracy of submission.
Office Supplies and Maintenance:
- Coordinate purchasing of office and building supplies.
- Assist committees with ordering supplies for special projects when necessary.
- Monitor and maintain stationery supplies including letterhead, envelopes, etc.
- Monitor and coordinate building repairs and building set-up and take-down for rentals.
Technology and Record Retention:
- Create and maintain member profiles in online database to include New Members, transfers and reinstatements.
- Assist members in updating their profile information in online database.
- Generate reports from database to support committee work.
- Coordinate building rentals with the community, including individuals and organizations, including room set up, AV, and any special needs.
- Maintain rental database.
- Maintain rental client relationships and follow up post events.
- Coordinate post event clean up needs.
- Assist with marketing of Columbia Center.
- Supervise rentals as needed.
- Ability to work in-office
- Occasional availability evenings and weekends for rental management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including a strong command of filing systems
- Ability to represent the Junior League of Cincinnati in a professional manner
- Servant leader mentality with propensity to support various stakeholders & generations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and QuickBooks accounting software
- Comfort with facilitating non-profit bulk mailings
- Proficiency with events management and rental support
- Basic bookkeeping competencies
- Experience working with a membership-based organization strongly desired
This position starts between $15-$16 an hour with opportunities for overtime. The JLC offers a flexible work schedule, vacation time, sick time and 11 paid holidays. The JLC also offers employees 20 hours of paid time for volunteering with JLC community partners.
The Junior League of Cincinnati (JLC) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary.