Marketing & Communications
Scripps is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager. This position will help develop and execute creative, engaging internal and external communications strategies that advance the Scripps Howard Foundation’s brand, strategic priorities, initiatives and projects.
Scripps is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager. This position will help develop and execute creative, engaging internal and external communications strategies that advance the Scripps Howard Foundation’s brand, strategic priorities, initiatives and projects. This position is in Cincinnati, OH.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy to achieve the Foundation’s strategic priorities.
- Manage and execute social media, newsletters, online presence and advertising campaigns.
- Work with corporate teams and consultants to create a wide variety of online, video and print materials, including writing content, overseeing design and print production, gaining stakeholder approvals and distributing materials to external audiences.
- Work with the corporate communications department to create awareness of Foundation programs and advance the reputation of the Foundation among internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
- Provide counsel to the Foundation team and Scripps partners on effective donor communications/marketing strategies and work with them to execute plans.
- Identify and pursue creative opportunities, strategic partnerships and other tactics to build the Foundation brand/reputation.
- Organize market research and track effectiveness of communications/marketing campaigns.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in public relations, communications or a related field.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Commitment to the mission of the Scripps Howard Foundation
- Self-motivated leader with the ability to strategize, plan, organize and execute
- Ability to function effectively as part of a fast-paced, multidisciplinary and evolving team
- Collaborative approach with proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Superior writing and other communication skills
- Strong knowledge of social media and connecting with audience in a digital world
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate new tools and technologies to meet customer needs
- Standard office environment with some at-home flexibility
- Minimal travel approximately 15%
- Apply here
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.