The Loan Officer generates leads, originates, and underwrites commercial real estate loans, and oversees loan performance through construction.
1224 Race Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513) 721-7211 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Chief Lending Officer/CLO Exempt/Non-exempt: Exempt
Position Objective: The Loan Officer generates leads, originates, and underwrites commercial real estate loans, and oversees loan performance through construction.
- Originate loans that meet the mission of Cincinnati Development Fund, through the management of existing customer base and continued cultivation of new prospects. The Loan Officer is encouraged to attend and participate in industry networking events to consistently create deal flow. Loan Officer should understand all loan products and supporting programs to provide accurate technical assistance to borrowers and prospects.
- Loan Officer should have a good working knowledge of affordable housing, its related programs, and develop relationships to support affordable housing lending objectives.
- Gather and analyze loan due diligence items, underwrite and structure loans to be consistent with CDF’s risk profile as well as with Loan Committee and Board expectations.
- Increase expertise and knowledge in real estate development lending by working with the Chief Lending Officer to seek out training, conferences and networking events.
- Prepare loans for presentation to the Loan Committee and Board, participate in the loan committee presentations and promptly and accurately communicate loan decisions to potential borrowers.
- Prepare preliminary and final commitment letters to approved borrowers that clearly reflect the approval conditions required by the loan committee and board.
- Coordinate loan closings, according to CDF’s lending manual. This includes ensuring that all closing conditions are met, working with the closing attorney to ensure that legal documents are in agreement with CDF’s Board and Loan Committee recommendations, as well as coordinating with the participant banks.
- Work with the Construction Manager to facilitate the disbursement and monitoring of construction loans.
- Work with the Portfolio Manager to ensure that all conditions for conversion from construction to permanent loan status are met before the conversion occurs and, after conversion, ensure that the responsibilities for each converted loan are properly transferred to the appropriate CDF staff.
- Assist Credit Risk Manager, as needed, in monitoring the permanent loan portfolio performance, and assist in the successful resolution and disposition of troubled loans.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Manager to collect documents needed to close loans
- Four-year degree in business, real estate, finance, or related field plus 3-5 years of experience in community development, commercial real estate financing, banking, or similar field
- Sales and customer service focus
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills – able to work with people at all organizational/community levels
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Team player – committed to working in a collaborative, team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Passion for urban issues, CDF’s mission
- Superior organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) community development resources, community needs
- Experience interpreting/implementing established underwriting criteria and risk profiles
- Nonprofit work experience
- CDFI knowledge/experience
Cincinnati Development Fund offers competitive pay along with comprehensive benefits options including medical, dental and vision insurance and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan (with company contribution); company-paid life insurance and short-term disability insurance; tuition reimbursement; a Health, Wellness & Technology stipend; and generous paid time off.
About Cincinnati Development Fund:
Cincinnati Development Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit lending institution that fills a gap not covered by traditional lenders. CDF provides funding for real estate development in under-served markets in the Greater Cincinnati area as well as facilities and equipment funding for nonprofit organizations in the region. CDF’s mission is to provide innovative real estate financing for projects that strengthen low-income neighborhoods and improve lives. Our vision is to be at the forefront of redevelopment plans in Greater Cincinnati, helping low-income communities preserve their historic buildings and create vibrant, inclusive neighborhoods.
A certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and Community Development Entity (CDE), CDF is an equal opportunity employer and an equal opportunity provider.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .