Back To Listings
Society of St Vincent De Paul - Cincinnati
The Grant Manager is responsible for finding funding opportunities for an organization and writing polished proposals to earn grant money. Their duties include researching deadlines, drafting grant requests, and submitting reports for approval.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Stewardship with donors.
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the organization.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Assisting with the execution of the Development Department's strategy.
- Works with appropriate personnel to research, develop, write, and submit letters of inquiry, concept papers, grant proposals, interim reports, and final evaluation reports.
- Coordinates and follows-up on the progress of submitted proposals with Senior Development Manager and Program Director.
- Remains up to date on current issues relative to grant proposals
- Informs Senior Development Manager on the progress of all grants and issues that may arise with each grant during bi-weekly meetings.
- Researches and identifies new government, corporate, and private foundation funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting, managing grant proposals and all reporting requirements.
- Collaborating with Senior Development Manager to compile an annual report.
- Collaborate with Finance Department to gather needed financial documentation for proposals and reports.
- Requires the kind of teamwork, supervision, and personal interaction, that cannot be had in a home office situation: therefore, regular, and predictable on-site attendance is a job requirement.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Develop grant plan.
- Required to attend organizational events as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in creative writing, communications, or related field.
- Knowledge of organizational and foundation financial requirements.
- Previous experience with grant writing and/or nonprofit fundraising.
- Proficiency in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data.
- (2) years of writing experience.
- Passion for SVDP’s mission and comfort communicating on topics of faith, charity, and justice.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Excellent Computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and database management skills (Donor Perfect).
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Exceptional knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements: Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Email Address for Resume Submission
Link to Apply