Grant/Development Specialist, PARACHUTE
Employed by and responsible to PARACHUTE: Butler County CASA, the Grant/Development Specialist is responsible for coordinating grant and foundation proposals to ensure the financial stability of the agency and assist in reaching budget objectives. The Grant/Development Specialist will work alongside the Executive Director to ensure the continuation of CASA advocacy to abused and neglected children.
PARACHUTE: Butler County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Grant/Development Specialist. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Grant Writing/Development. This position is part time, 20 hours per week with a flexible office schedule.
Employed by and responsible to PARACHUTE: Butler County CASA, the Grant/Development Specialist is responsible for coordinating grant and foundation proposals to ensure the financial stability of the agency and assist in reaching budget objectives. The Grant/Development Specialist will work alongside the Executive Director to ensure the continuation of CASA advocacy to abused and neglected children. This position is part time with a flexible work scheduled and is directly supervised by the Executive Director.
1. Grant Writing & Reporting
- Oversee, develop and write foundation and corporate grant proposals, applications and reports according to funder guidelines.
- Oversee records of all grant activity, grant agreements/contracts, and reporting requirements.
- Maintain contact with foundation administrators and staff.
- Identify and cultivate key foundation officers, trustees, and other contacts and facilitate meetings as needed.
- Track foundation revenue in accordance with program budgets.
2. Research & Planning
- Research and identify appropriate foundation and trust funding opportunities.
- Oversee a comprehensive calendar including funding windows, grant deadlines, and reporting requirements (18 months out) and a cultivation plan for existing and prospective funders.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of PARACHUTE’s programs and practices, community need, and other research pertaining to PARACHUTE’s work. Use that knowledge and understanding in the seeking of funding.
- Seek and search for donor prospects which could include individuals, foundations, corporations and service, religious and social groups.
- Develop solicitation requests/grants for general agency support or specific needs along with the Executive Director.
- Assist in coordination of annual reports, newsletters and agency materials.
- Assist in Coordination of Special Events or Promotions which showcase the agency, raise funds, recruit volunteers and /or provide volunteer or donor recognition.
4. Strategic Planning
- Provides critical input with the setting and evaluation of all agency goals and objectives with primary focus on the cultivation and fundraising impact of each goal or objective. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing input on the impact of goals and objectives on PARACHUTE’s strategic plan.
5. Professional Development
- Maintain knowledge of current significant theory, literature and resources and local statistics as related to Donor Engagement, Fund Development and PARACHUTE.
- Participate in continuing education as related to job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. 3 years’ experience in professional Grant Writing required. Excellent writing skills and competency with computer programs - Word, Access, Excel, grant search engines and Canva is a plus.
REPORT TO: Executive Director