Fundraising Event Manager
We're looking for a dynamic Fundraising Event Manager passionate about people, fundraising, and hosting engaging events. This person must be positive, detail-oriented, flexible, and a top-notch problem-solver. This role reports to IRSF's Chief Marketing & Development Officer, providing support and leadership for multiple volunteer-run as well as IRSF-hosted events. This person must be passionate about IRSF’s mission, comfortable managing volunteers, work well in a matrixed team environment, and be an excellent communicator.
• Develop and steward productive relationships with IRSF volunteers, supporters, and donors
• Support volunteer-run events such as strollathons, galas, golf, and grassroots events
• Enhance fundraising by deepening relationships with individuals interested in hosting fundraisers for IRSF.
• Collaborate with the Development and Marketing team to support other activities, including the peer-to-peer and community engagement programs
• Utilize Virtuous CRM for volunteer, donor, and constituent management
• Effectively utilize fundraising management platforms, including Classy and Funraise
• Ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are developed and achieved for each applicable event
• Manage volunteer committees, providing leadership, cultivation, support, and assistance toward fundraising success
• Plan logistics for IRSF-led fundraising event, including venue, catering, committee, etc
• Work with Marketing & Communications to create & implement Communications Plans for events.
• 4 years of work experience, including 2+ years of fundraising or relevant business/volunteer experience
• Experience with event planning logistics in a fundraising environment
• High emotional intelligence and ability to connect and support volunteers and interface with all levels of staff
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Superb interpersonal skills and the ability to “jump in” when needed
• Team-oriented focus with the ability to work independently
• Experience with committee development
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and familiarity with CRM databases
• Excellent project management skills
• Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow-through
• Passionate about serving a rare disease population
• Must be a continuous learner, excited about technology and new approaches
• Upbeat, positive attitude and a good sense of humor are a plus
• College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• An understanding and belief in the mission and vision of the International Rett Syndrome Foundation
• Travel Required (estimated 5%, with heavy travel in Fall).
Compensation commensurate with experience.