Fundraising Database Manager
The Fundraising Database Manager manages the Raiser’s Edge database, coordinates and synthesizes information from multiple sources. The Fundraising Database Manager supervises the Gift Entry Coordinators and part-time data entry clerks and ensures best practices in gift processing and data management. This person will also provide reporting and analysis to recommend and implement strategic decisions for Annual Fundraising Operations and Leadership Gifts teams.
Job Description Summary
The Fundraising Database Manager coordinates and synthesizes information from multiple sources, supervises the Gift Entry Coordinators and part-time data entry clerks and ensures best practices in gift processing and data management. This person will also provide reporting and analysis to recommend and implement strategic decisions for Annual Fundraising Operations and Leadership Gifts teams.
Essential Job Functions
• Manage the Raiser’s Edge database through the supervision of Gift Entry Coordinator(s) and seasonal staff to assure accurate data including and timely processing of gifts.
• Manage, budget and project for vendor contracts related to donor process and data integrity (Blackbaud, Double the Donation, Addressed for Success, DonorSearch, Alumnifinder).
• Ensure accurate transfer of records among different database systems (Raiser’s Edge Enterprise and NXT, Luminate, SQL, etc.) in order to maintain data quality. Train staff data system entry and reporting.
• Develop and manage table structures, coding and business rules that capture information for donor analysis and action.
• Create and oversee the gift acknowledgement process, supporting the needs of finance and the Leadership Gifts team
• Manage the tracking process for all fundraising teams providing accurate projections and insight into budgeting practices
• Inform the donor relations process, providing data analysis for gift officer prospecting to strengthen Major and Mid-level gift pipeline.
• Develop monthly charts, reports and queries to provide analyses of program and campaign results.
• Manage monthly reconciliation and budgeting for Finance department.
• Lead completion of the quarterly QPR and annual NAR for Feeding America reporting for Strategic Gifts and Fundraising Department.
• (Seasonal) Lead and manage signature events’ data and imports. Oversee volunteers and data entry the week of Rubber Duck Regatta.
• Maintain data integrity and accuracy, as well as handling all other global database functions.
• Provide training and ongoing support, as necessary to new and existing staff members to ensure correct procedures are followed for Raisers Edge entry.
• Serve and Lead cross functional teams to ensure quality communication and reporting within organization.
• Participate in answering the phone line and handling donor/client requests.
• Collaborate with Leadership Gift/Mid-Level team to further develop annual giving initiatives such as the monthly giving program, ensuring that growth and revenue goals are met.
• Oversee Corporate Matching Gift and soft crediting process through management of Gift Entry team
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field AND a combination of education and documented employment experience.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in high-level Raiser’s Edge database administration or similar database: query-writing, data imports and exports, and report creation.
Skills & Abilities
• Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge Enterprise and NXT or a similar donor database.
• Proficiency in Excel, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
• Knowledge of Luminate, SQL, ImportOmatic.
• A proven track record of accuracy, efficiency and dependability in data entry.
• In-depth experience and a strong desire and ability to create and improve processes.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Excellent customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers: donors, volunteers and staff.
• Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and manage multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy.
Direct Reports: Two direct report and part-time reports. Presently, the reports include:
• Gift Entry Coordinator
• Minimum of three part-time seasonal data entry clerks.