At Cincinnati’s Ronald McDonald House, we have a culture of gratitude, fun, collaboration and compassion. The Facilities Director must be exceptionally talented, driven, organized and – most importantly – passionate about what we do and helping others succeed. The Facilities Director works as a team with the Facilities Engineers, Chief Operating Officer, Guest Services and Housekeeping teams as well as volunteers by managing daily and long-term needs of the House to ensure the comfort and wellbeing of our guests.
The Facilities Director leads the facilities team to oversee all facility maintenance and vendor/service contracts, facility service reviews and assessment of facility needs. They are responsible to be on-call and deal with emergencies as needed, oversee facilities engineers and maintenance volunteers, monitor and delegate tasks through work order logs, and coordinate bids, analysis, and recommendations on repairs and projects and expense budgets.
In the spirit of teamwork, the Facilities Director will interact in collaboration with staff and volunteers to provide support and assistance in the fulfillment of their goals and objectives.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You enjoy building relationships with a diverse group of people.
- You have successful experience building and leading a high-performing team.
- You are service oriented and want to help others.
- You enjoy the balance of being hands-on and strategizing.
- You have an upbeat and professional demeanor.
- You are highly organized and great at prioritizing, multi-tasking and follow-up.
- You are meticulous about detail and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced office environment.
- You have strong verbal and written skills.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment.
- You are highly motivated and a self-starter.
- You have the ability to meet deadlines.
- You want to love what you do and make an impact!
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: Facilities Engineers and maintenance volunteer team
- At least 5 years related facilities and management experience
- Knowledge in the following trades: Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry and Electrical
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and various building and facility controls software.
- Self-starter who is results-oriented
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic team environment
- Professional, dependable, and timely
- Positive Attitude
- Lead with our Core Values (Collaboration, Gratitude, Integrity, Inclusion, Joy)
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance of Cincinnati’s Ronald McDonald House including company vehicles.
- Manage the work flow of receiving in-kind donations
- Supervise the maintenance staff and volunteers
- Compassion and strong send of service to others.
- Continuous drive for excellence and always seeks ways to improve. Sets standards for excellence.
- Establishes criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high-level of quality, productivity and service. Dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected.
- Decisive, problem solves and works to overcome obstacles to completing tasks or assignments.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, meet frequent deadlines, and be self-disciplined.
- Positively models, guides and provides opportunity for in order to help the team further develop their skills. Encourages questions to ensure understanding.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds. Communicates with tact and professionalism and manages conflict. Provides timely performance feedback to help others strengthen skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem, including monthly one on one meetings with direct reports. Clearly articulates goals and objectives to team. Creates a working environment where people can realize their full potential. Stretches team and self.
- Manage the day-to-day and long-term maintenance of Ronald McDonald House with the Facilities team. The buildings on campus total 210,000 square feet of interior and garage space. The campus also includes exterior patios and surface parking and loading dock.
- Positively lead the facilities team, overseeing the growth and development of the facilities engineers. As a leader, you will ensure regular monthly one on ones take place for a learning/coaching environment and to regularly review performance and goals.
- Ensure efficient facilities maintenance, including electronically inputting work orders, managing of the timely completion of work orders, reviewing the satisfactory completion of work orders, and developing reports that will help monitor the work order process and identify ongoing maintenance concerns for review. Oversee maintenance volunteers and facilities team by prioritizing and delegating work orders. Monitor results and follow up as needed.
- Oversee repair projects and work with COO on timeline and budget. Communicate with appropriate staff as needed regarding the project. Consider the impact on families for all decisions made.
- Collaborate with COO to determine budget needs. Use financial data to guide decision making. Keep a financial perspective and the best interest of the House at the forefront when making budget and financial decisions. Properly forecast and manage labor and materials expenses.
- Support House security by managing the cameras, gates, and key fob system. Work with contractors on any camera/fob issues, installs, or maintenance.
- Assisting the CFO with work related to IT software/hardware such as phone systems, WiFi and other facilities software systems.
- Manage in-kind maintenance donors to the House. Work with the COO as needed.
- Run service calls, repair plumbing, electric, mechanical, carpentry and various types of equipment repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain proper scheduling of assigned duties and obtain materials to perform cost effective maintenance and repair activity. Prioritize assigned maintenance work to properly execute emergency and/or mechanical failure response.
- Keep lines of communication open among the Guest Services Managers, Housekeeping, Facilities team, COO, CEO, CFO, and other staff and volunteers.
- Report to COO items affecting (or potentially affecting) proper and safe operation of equipment.
- Solicit bids for facility-related service contracts. Develop appropriate plans and contract out jobs as needed and budgeted. Evaluate bids and make recommendations to COO. Finalize contracts and assure excellent contractor performance.
- Maintain, delegate, and monitor preventative maintenance programs including but not limited to the mechanical systems, buildings, vehicles, equipment, grounds, garden, and landscaping. Coordinate with the COO and Guest Services team to schedule necessary services.
- Serve as the staff lead on the Reserve Study and coordinate reserve activities with the COO.
- Work as a team member with all staff at Ronald McDonald House, treating fellow staff members with respect and sensitivity to the requirements of their jobs. Be sure to live out our Core Values of Collaboration, Gratitude, Integrity, Inclusion and Joy.
- Maintain proper documentation of all assigned maintenance policies, procedures and schematics.
- Maintain acceptable log of planned and executed maintenance activity.
- Communicate relevant information with staff and participate in staff meetings.
- Pursue opportunities for professional development and encourage the development of the facilities engineers.
- Maintain positive working relationship with Cincinnati Children’s, House vendors, volunteers, and other persons associated with RMH.
- Follow all OSHA guidelines for workplace safety. Train staff on safety and emergency procedures for the facility in order to prepare the facilities team for emergency situations including power outages, fire emergencies, floods, and weather or building related emergencies.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and management team meetings.
- Execute other House responsibilities as requested by the COO and/or CEO.