Abilities First is seeking a new Executive Director. This leadership role will report to a supportive Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programming, and strategic planning of Abilities First. The role requires a mission-driven leader who is passionate about leading the daily operations of the organization while fostering outreach and growth.
Founded in 1958, Abilities First is a non-profit organization with a mission to empower individuals and families living with differing abilities to discover and fulfill their unique capabilities within their communities. Abilities First is located in Middletown, Ohio, and serves children with a wide range of developmental disabilities from Middletown and the surrounding area. With a continuum of programming from birth through many phases of life, Abilities First is Southwest Ohio's only direct service agency for individuals with disabilities that provides a diverse range of services among three core programs: Pediatric Therapies; Autism Learning Center; and Early Childhood Learning Center. We serve children with a wide range of developmental disabilities including Cerebral Palsy, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Downs Syndrome, learning disabilities, and language and cognitive impairments. Abilities First prides itself on being a supportive resource for each child's family and group of caregivers.
Learn more about Abilities First at www.abilitiesfirst.org. Position Overview Abilities First is seeking a new Executive Director. This leadership role will report to a supportive Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programming, and strategic planning of Abilities First. The role requires a mission-driven leader who is passionate about leading the daily operations of the organization while fostering outreach and growth. Position Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Abilities First and the organization's programs, operations, and fundraising to ensure financial sustainability.
- Actively engage in financial management through budgetary development and oversight and routinely report on financial results to the Board of Directors.
- Foster a collaborative working environment and encourage professional development and accountability among staff.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and staffing certifications.
- Establish goals and objectives in collaboration with the Board of Directors and staff.
- Develop performance measurements to analyze and support strategic decisionmaking.
- Manage and motivate staff, overseeing processes such as hiring, staff development, performance management, compensation and benefits, and succession planning.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with our clients and their families.
- Promote Abilities First's mission within the community, growing corporate sponsorships and increasing successful fundraising initiatives.
Qualifications: The position requires:
- At least 5 years of leadership experience with a nonprofit organization and a record of achieving results.
- Bachelor's Degree required;
- Master's Degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience in the field of developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Compensation: The position offers the opportunity to make a significant difference by leading a long-standing and impactful organization. The position offers a competitive base salary, full benefits package, and a positive team environment.
How To Apply Send your resume to Chuck Fortener, Chair of the Board of Directors, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Abilities First is an Equal Opportunity Employer