The Center for Great Neighborhoods is a non-profit community development corporation focused on enhancing the quality of life in the city of Covington, Kentucky. We are seeking a forward-thinking Executive Director with the experience, creativity, passion, and vision necessary to guide the organization into the next phase of its work. We are seeking a leader for the organization, a teammate for the staff, and a resource for our community. The new Executive Director will build on the organization’s strong community relationships and extensive history of catalyzing positive change, while also bringing new ideas and a fresh perspective. Both internally and externally we operate on the belief that everyone has gifts, talents, insights, passions, and leadership to offer; and that these assets thrive in an environment of trust, accountability, support, and learning.
The successful candidate will show demonstrated success in the areas of real estate development, equitable community development, resident engagement, fundraising, as well as an understanding of the community’s history, opportunities, and challenges. Our new Executive Director is a collaborator, an excellent communicator, has a heart for this community, and is a demonstrated advocate of equity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a diverse and inclusive staff and work culture.
- Regularly offer accountability to staff and encourage individual growth opportunities.
- Maintain a culture of innovation, creativity, a team approach, and independent leadership across the organization.
- Oversee daily operations and long-term projects.
- Monitor compliance and obligations to lending and funding sources.
- Oversee fiduciary responsibilities.
- Build, maintain, and support a strong and diverse board of directors. Arrange meetings and agendas.
FUNDRAISING & SUSTAINABILITY
- Identify, maintain, and cultivate donor relationships from current and prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Seek out new and creative resource development and partnership opportunities.
- Grow the organization’s access to sustainable funding and diverse revenue streams.
- Advance The Center’s mission for socially responsible community development, fostering resident leadership and demonstrating its importance in creating healthy and equitable communities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with community members and stakeholders through proactive and attentive outreach.
- Foster strategic and effective working relationships with residents, government entities, the business community, and institutions in and around Covington. Understand and effectively communicate about how The Center can collaborate with these entities.
- In partnership with the staff, develop clear and strategic business, financial, and programmatic objectives and plans, and oversee their implementation.
- Clearly and effectively communicate and advocate for the mission of The Center and why the work is necessary.
- Create systemic change in Covington through physical, economic, and social impact.
- Maintain, support, improve, and grow The Center’s programs.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Leadership experience from a non-profit organization.
- 5-7 years’ experience in neighborhood development, community outreach, and/or real estate development.
- Extensive experience and understanding of non-profit and real estate finance.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and sustain funding.
- Marketing, public relations, or communications experience that demonstrates an ability to connect with a broad and diverse audience.
- Proven ability to work in culturally and ethnically diverse environments. Understanding of race, class, and gender dynamics, and a willingness to work through complex social issues.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and public speaking skills; an ability to communicate effectively with public sector, philanthropic, corporate, and community partners.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of sectors; must be relatable and approachable in multiple spheres.
- Ability to inspire, trust, and motivate, staff and partners.
- Willingness to work outside typical business hours when necessary, including weekends, week nights, events, and fundraisers.
- Generous PTO policy
- Employer sponsored health and dental insurance
- Employer paid contributions to a 403b retirement account after 2 years
- Paid cell phone
- Supportive and flexible working environment
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Supporting and embracing diversity is foundational to The Center. We are focused on creating an equitable community and that starts with our staff. The Center welcomes and encourages candidates to apply that also represent and embrace the diversity of our community across all races, genders, sexual orientations, religions, and ethnicities.
About The Center for Great Neighborhoods
The Center for Great Neighborhoods is a catalyst for positive growth in Covington and we spark this growth by bringing people and families together, encouraging them to work with each other, and supporting their efforts to shape the future of their community. We are committed to helping people discover and develop their skills, find and use the resources they need, and discover partners who share their concern for the well-being of Covington. Our programs and initiatives focus on six main areas: Real Estate Development, Creative Placemaking, Neighborhood & Community Development, Economic Development, Youth Initiatives, and Financial Well-being. Our programs are all designed to help residents build on the great parts of Covington and to develop solutions to both individual and community issues. In 2016 we also completed renovation on and moved into the Hellmann Creative Center: a hub for building these community connections and identifying your own creativity and strengths.
More information about The Center is available at: www.greatneighborhoods.org.
More information about our workplace culture is available at: http://www.greatneighborhoods.org/about/about-the-center/
This is a full-time position.
Email cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.