Executive Director, The Chatfield Edge
The Executive Director of The Chatfield Edge will lead a new organization that supports first-generation and non-traditional students as they gain success in life through education. Building on the 177-year old educational legacy of the Ursulines of Brown County, The Chatfield Edge offers education attainment support, scholarships, mentoring, and community outreach opportunities to students pursuing college, trade school, and certifiate programs.
- Are you ready to lead a new organization into its next phase of growth and community impact?
- Are you passionate about empowering students to achieve a brighter future for themselves and their families?
- Do you enjoy being the face of an organization with community partners, donors, business leaders, and public officials?
- Can you develop and execute strategy for a new nonprofit focused on supporting students pursuing postsecondary education attainment and a committed board of trustees?
The Chatfield Edge, with locations in Cincinnati, Ohio, and St. Martin (Brown County), Ohio, is hiring a new executive director to lead the organization to fulfill its mission and ensure continued financial health. The executive director will lead the organization in the execution of its strategic plan.
ABOUT THE CHATFIELD EDGE:
The Chatfield Edge is a nonprofit organization that offers a unique approach to supporting first-generation and non-traditional students as they gain success in life through education. Built upon the 177-year-old educational history of the Ursulines of Brown County, including the recently closed Chatfield College, The Chatfield Edge combines student support services, scholarships, mentoring and tutoring, to empower individuals to achieve their life goals.
MISSION AND VISION:
Mission: The Chatfield Edge empowers and accompanies students as they transform their lives through the pursuit of postsecondary education. Our work is rooted in the educational legacy of the Ursuline Sisters of Brown County, and we welcome people of all faith or no faith backgrounds.
Vision: The Chatfield Edge envisions a world in which first-generation and underserved students are equipped with resources to reach their education and life goals, increasing their employability, and deepening their impact on their families and communities.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The executive director will provide leadership and administrative oversight for all strategic and operational aspects of the organization to fulfill its mission and ensure financial sustainability. This position serves as the chief executive officer, working with and reporting to the board of trustees. The executive director will lead the growth of the organization through the introduction of new student support services, facility utilization to generate sustainable auxiliary revenue, and effective marketing/promotion to generate substantial and diversified fundraising support.
- Support and advance the mission of The Chatfield Edge.
- Represent The Chatfield Edge to postsecondary institutions, prospective students considering postsecondary education, visitors, volunteers, donors, and the general public.
- Serve as a member of the board of trustees and on all board committees.
- Oversee and lead day-to-day operations of the institution, including but not limited to student engagement, finance, administration, marketing of services, fundraising and development, buildings and grounds, volunteer engagement, and strategic planning.
- Serve as the liaison between the board and staff.
- Represent The Chatfield Edge at professional organizations and associations.
- Collaborate with other academic institutions, community organizations, and the business community to create, sustain, and strengthen partnerships to advance the mission, image, and reputation of the organization.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of The Chatfield Edge, its Ursuline legacy, and gospel values.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, business administration, or related field.
- Strong business acumen, with overall management and P&L responsibility for a non-profit agency or business entity.
- Meaningful fundraising success with major gifts, capital campaigns, and foundations.
- Experienced and comfortable with being the face of an organization with community agencies, donors, and a variety of stakeholders to increase awareness and establish new partnerships.
- Track record of developing creative marketing initiatives to increase awareness and grow revenue.
- Proven ability to build, mentor, and effectively manage a committed and highly competent leadership team.
- Demonstrated success working with an engaged board.
- Well-organized with strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver presentations to diverse community groups.
- Experience working in higher education is a plus.
- Established network of potential supporters/donors in the region is a plus.
- A hands-on leader able to multi-task and perform essential functions to ensure consistency of service delivery and support.
- Collaborative relationship-builder.
- Confident, natural leader.
- Visionary with an innovative spirit.
- Embraces cultural diversity.
- Strong self-awareness.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute.
- Motivates and empowers staff.
- Inspires a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Exceptional communicator, listener, and learner.
- See the impact of your work in the lives of students and their families.
- Be part of building an organization known for providing excellent education attainment services, academic scholarships, mentoring, and job readiness assistance to first-generation and non-traditional students.
- Receive support from a collaborative and engaged board.
- Earn a variable and competitive salary based on experience.
This position is located in the main office in Brown County, Ohio, near Fayetteville (25 miles east from Milford). Significant work activities are required in the southwestern Ohio region and Cincinnati metropolitan area. Some travel, evening, and weekend work is required.
Chatfield provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions, lactation status, creed, religion, age, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability or veteran status, military status or other protected class or characteristic established under applicable federal, state, or local statue or ordinance.
Find out more at chatfieldedge.org. Please send a cover letter (including salary requirement) and resume to: HR@chatfieldedge.org. Anticipated start date: July – August 2023.