Executive Director, SAFE
SAFE on Main, Executive Director
SAFE on Main, located in Warren County, OH, is a community based, independent nonprofit agency that supports survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault so that they can lead safe, healed and empowered lives. Our focus is providing domestic violence and sexual assault support advocacy, crisis intervention services, education, and prevention programs that promote personal empowerment and mutual respect.
SAFE on Main is currently seeking a strong candidate to serve as the Executive Director. This person must have proven leadership experience and knowledge in the field of social services or related professional field. The purpose of this role is to provide thoughtful executive leadership and oversight of SAFE on Main under the guidance and governance of the Board of Trustees, with the purpose of executing strategic goals and objectives while ensuring that the vision, mission, and core values are upheld and exemplified through all aspects of the organization
Position Title: Executive Director of SAFE on Main, Inc.
Location: Lebanon, Ohio
Reports to: Board of Trustees
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
Provide leadership and oversight of SAFE on Main under the guidance and governance of the Board of Trustees, with the purpose of executing strategic goals and objectives while ensuring that the vision, mission, and core values are upheld and exemplified through all aspects of the organization.
Board Development and Support
- Collaborate with the Board to identify, create, and implement strategic plans and objectives.
- Provides administrative support to the Board in coordination with the Board President, including Board candidacy recruitment and referrals, meeting schedule, agenda preparations, fiscal and operation reporting.
- Inform the Board of staff, donor, fundraising, programming, and other changes for awareness and/or to seek guidance.
- Engage the Board of Trustees in consultation and approval regarding significant fiscal and personnel related changes to the organization
Leadership & Management
- Responsible for recruitment, employment, and supervision of effective, qualified staff.
- Actively lead and engage staff to inspire excellence, maintain passion, and promote a positive work culture Encourage staff development and educational opportunities.
- Maintain official records and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Facilitate performance management of all staff members Click here to enter text.
Financial Management, Performance, and Viability
- Responsible for ensuring the fiscal integrity of SAFE on Main, including submitting reports to the Board of Trustees that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Coordinate Fiscal Leadership and oversight with designated personnel, including the Board Treasurer and Finance Committee regarding fiscal management of the approved budget, ensure maximum resource utilization, and maintain a positive financial position.
- Collaborate with Fundraising Committee on fundraising activities and revenue developments necessary to support SAFE on Main’s mission and to ensure its financial health.
- Execute or oversee all aspects of fiscal development, including grant writing, donor solicitation and engagement, and fundraising opportunities.
Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications
- Promote and publicize the organization to key stakeholders, community partners, media outlets and funders.
- Effectively communicate relevant development, vision, and strategic goals of the organization with community partners, stakeholders, and prospective investors.
- Oversee all aspects of marketing and communications, including digital presence, annual reports, and promotional materials.
- Develop new relationships and strengthen existing relationships with intersecting organizations to strategically enhance SAFE on Main’s mission, while promoting growth and sustainability through collaboration.
Operations and Compliance
- Collaborate with the Personnel Committee to create, evaluate, and improve policies and procedures on a routine basis to ensure effective execution of staff related policies and benefits.
- Responsible for the oversight of Program and Department spending to ensure expenditures are aligned with grant allowances and coincide with the annual budget and organization’s fiscal integrity.
- Ensure effective systems and processes to track program performance and communicate results to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Ensure all federal, state, and local rules and regulations are followed and adhere to the highest ethical standards possible.
- Provide oversight of all Grant Management to ensure fiscal and programmatic compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum or commensurate Executive Administrative experience.
- 5 years of Management and Executive experience with a record of effective leadership.
- Successful organizational and professional management skills.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills, including the ability to network and engage the community in the efforts of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to be physically at the SAFE on Main administration office during business hours Monday through Friday, and to work in-person and/or virtually outside those hours as needed to fulfill position’s responsibilities with excellence.
- A strong history of success in grant writing, reporting, and compliance.
- Understanding of Crisis and Trauma Informed Response.
- Demonstrates cultural awareness, sensitivity, and competency.
- Ability to work with people of various ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Experience in budget preparation, financial analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Self-directed, strong work ethic with a high degree of energy, passion, and integrity.
Salary Range: $85,000 - $95,000 Salary is commensurate with experience.
SAFE on Main is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.