Executive Director, Pyramid Hill
Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park & Museum seeks a community-minded, fiscally responsible, innovative team-builder as the next Executive Director. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of successful, visionary, collaborative, and empathetic leadership necessary to deliver all aspects of The Park's unique operations while also moving The Park forward on its strategic mission.
The position, working with trustees, staff, volunteers, and community members, has final responsibility for fundraising and donor management, asset and grounds management, financial management, membership, curatorial oversight, marketing, education, community engagement, and special events.
The Executive Director of Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park & Museum is the face of The Park in the community, within the regional arts sector, and across the art form. The Executive Director will engage international and local artists, educators, students, and regional residential, business, and cultural communities to enhance and develop the vibrancy of Pyramid Hill and build support for its mission.
Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, demonstrable experience growing philanthropic and earned revenues, and a track record of collectively working with a variety of stakeholders are necessary. The ideal candidate will be known for ethical, transparent, and humble leadership in previous positions.
A bachelor’s degree is required, and an advanced degree with at least seven years of senior management experience in an arts or related organization is preferred.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Passion for and knowledge of visual art, with a deep appreciation for sculpture and public art, antiquities, as well as for the relationship between art and nature.
- The capacity to develop, set, and pursue strategic initiatives while adapting to environmental and market changes, maintaining fiscal responsibility, and embracing a diverse range of opportunities.
- The agility to build diverse and meaningful relationships, to listen carefully,
- and to respond conscientiously to an active array of internal and external stakeholders.
- The teambuilding and strong management skills that constitute a leader who can motivate, develop, and inspire, while sharing The Park’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
- Demonstrable success in building effective fundraising campaigns through strategic initiatives, inspirational storytelling, and clearly articulated needs.
- Experience in fostering strong board relationships and supporting trustee development.
- A desire to develop effective partnerships through living in the vicinity of The Park and actively engaging in the Hamilton community and the region beyond.
- A history of managing complex projects, assessing risks, organizing activities, and operationalizing priorities, while engaging in shared decision-making based on data and realistic expectations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to present ideas clearly and persuasively.
Pyramid Hill is a 350-acre nonprofit sculpture park founded in 1997. The Park is home to over 70 monumental outdoor sculptures displayed in a landscape of rolling hills, meadows, lakes, and hiking trails. It also features an Ancient Sculpture Museum that, along with the iconic Pyramid House, displays Greek, Roman, Etruscan, Syrian, and Egyptian antiquities dating to 1550 BCE and rotating contemporary exhibits. Attracting more than 65,000 visitors annually, and with an operating budget of approximately $1.5 million, Pyramid Hill serves as the premier cultural and tourist attraction in Butler County. Pyramid Hill is unparalleled in the Southwestern Ohio region (Hamilton, Cincinnati, and Middletown) as a place where art, culture, education, and nature intersect.
To learn more about Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park & Museum visit our website and LinkedIn page:
- Base salary of $80,000 - $100,000, which is aligned to our market, and shall be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health Insurance.
- Retirement Match.
- Potential for cash incentive compensation and other non-cash rewards, related to achievement.
If you are ready for a new challenge apply online today!
Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.