Education Legal Support Professional
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and its affiliate (Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC) seek a full-time, Education Legal Support Professional to work in our Cincinnati office. This is a full-time on-site position based in our downtown Cincinnati Office that provides an opportunity to participate in a team of advocates who promote school success and stability through education advocacy.
EDUCATION LEGAL SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
Position Open Until Filled.
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and its affiliate (Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC) seek a full-time, Education Legal Support Professional to work in our Cincinnati office. The Legal Aid Society is southwest Ohio’s largest non-profit law firm dedicated to reducing poverty and ensuring family stability through legal assistance. Legal Aid serves clients in Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties in Southwest Ohio.
This is a full-time on-site position based in our downtown Cincinnati Office that provides an opportunity to participate in a team of advocates who promote school success and stability through education advocacy. The Education Legal Support Professional will interview potential clients over the phone or in person as they request assistance from Legal Aid or are referred to us. The Legal Support Professional will gather facts and information about legal issues and will enter the information into our case management system. In close communication and coordination with his or her supervisor, the Legal Support Professional will prepare files for cases accepted for representation and will communicate when Legal Aid is unable to provide services.
In addition, the Legal Support Professional will have responsibilities related to the Kids in School Rule! Program to support school success for children in foster care, and the TeamChild program to support school success for children in the juvenile justice system. The Legal Support Professional will provide direct assistance to some clients under supervision of an attorney.
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree and/or experience in education, social work or a related field. Additional requirements include:
- Excellent communication and client-service skills
- Ability to handle a high daily call and email volume
- Ability to communicate with all members of our community, including those in crisis or experiencing trauma
- Ability to capture information accurately in the case management system while conducting a telephone or in-person interview
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Keyboard and computer competency (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, in particular)
- Experience in customer service and working with a low-income population preferred
- Professional attire (business casual) is required
BENEFITS AND SALARY
The Legal Aid Society offers a competitive salary starting at $18/hour + depending on experience, excellent benefits, generous PTO and a professional office work environment.
Applicants should submit all listed items via email to email@example.com with subject line Education LSP Hiring Committee – LAS059-23:
- A brief cover letter explaining the reasons for their interest in the position,
- A resume, and
- The contact information for at least two professional references.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Legal Aid Society offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process. If you need assistance, you may request an accommodation.