Driver/Shipping/Receiving/ Material Handler
Shipping and Receiving employees are responsible for keeping records of all products shipped and received in a timely and orderly manner. Packing goods in shipping containers, develop mailing labels and shipping documents and ensure that all orders have been filled correctly.
Work Supervision-direct supervision and training of workers with disabilities in a light manufacturing work center environment. Safety awareness, quality control, production recordkeeping, materials control, and other duties in accordance with regulations, standards, and company practices.
Driving trucks, fork trucks, vans, or other vehicles is a required part of this position. This will require maintaining a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is free from accident, citations and other incidents that may reduce insurability. “Driving trucks, fork trucks, vans or other vehicles is a required part of this position.”
Great attention to quality control and all safety practices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Vehicle Operation & Maintenance
- Material Handling
- Safety, Health, Housekeeping
- Building, Ground Maintenance
- Program and work supervision
- Production Recordkeeping
- Quality Control
- Must be able to move about the production floor to assist clients and other staff as needed
- Physical stamina and good upper body strength to move or assist clients with disabilities
- Must be able to bend, crouch, squat, and be able to push wheelchairs without restriction
- Prolonged periods of standing. Defined as over 8 hours of standing per day with capability to move and walk around consistently to assist with job requirements.
- Ability to perform direct demonstration training for a client population diagnosed with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Perform duties effectively in a labor-intensive assembly and light manufacturing environment. Ability to learn a wide variety of job requirements. Ability to work well with other professionals to meet consumer goals. Previous experience working with people with disabilities, supervisory experience and fork life experience is a plus. Good written and verbal communication skills. A strong sense of time organization and urgency. Able to work independently and within a team environment.
Education and experience
- High School diploma or equivalent. Preference for previous experience working with people with disabilities. Valid driver’s license with clear driving record for insurability. Ability to be licensed and certified as needed for areas of responsibility. 6 months logistics, retail, or customer service experience a plus.