Director of Military and Veteran Services
Overview of the Organization: Easterseals Serving Greater Cincinnati is on a mission to connect each veteran to a meaningful career offering higher wages and essential benefits while also connecting veterans to social services and to one another so they can fulfill the American Dream they sacrificed to preserve. Veterans face unique challenges, but at Easterseals, we focus on the unique skills and values they bring to the workforce. We help employers understand veterans as assets. We help veterans translate what they learned in the military into skills that are competitive in the civilian world. Since 2012, we have connected more than 1,000 veterans to civilian jobs and provided educational services to nearly 200 veterans with disabilities.
- Provides visionary and operational leadership for Easterseals Military and Veteran Services
- Serves as the external face of Military and Veterans Services spending time cultivating important relationships and securing necessary funds for growth
- Defines impact, leads services that create real impact, and captures impact through KPIs, qualitative and quantitative reports and impact stories
- Manages departmental staff, resources, data tracking systems, and performance metrics to maximize and measure impact of services
- Assists in the coordination of community convening around veterans’ issues and serves as local liaison Easterseals Veteran Advocacy Group
- Builds relationships with other veterans serving organizations through strong outreach and marketing strategies
- At the strategic level, the Director is expected to understand the needs of veterans in our community and to be a champion for veterans and their families, know of the various local, state, and federal level veteran-oriented organizations, establish relationships and exercise rapport with funders, elected officials and other important stakeholders, understand that needs of veterans in our community, and serve as the Military and Veteran Advisory Board’s key advisor.
- Of utmost importance is the expectation that the Director will think creatively and actively lead innovative and inspiring veteran initiatives through various public and private partnerships that will have a positive and long-term impact on our veterans. The Director is expected to oversee the Department’s mission at the operational level, which includes ensuring that staff provide assistance to veterans, as well as the management, and operation.
- Military experience a MUST
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of related experience, specifically including nonprofit fundraising experience, leading and directing multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- Fundraising experience is highly desirable
- Ability to collaborate with other teams and organizations in a complex, dynamic organizational environment
- Strong history of leading teams to top performance
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Passion for and commitment to the veteran community
- Self-starter with a positive “can-do” attitude are essential
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead and manage multiple projects concurrently
Note: All emails/resumes should be directed to email@example.com