Director of Education
Housing Opportunities Made Equal of Greater Cincinnati (HOME) seeks a dynamic Director of Education to educate community members, housing providers, and other stakeholders on fair housing rights and responsibilities. This position is responsible for coordinating and conducting trainings, developing training curriculums and materials, and working to realize HOME's overall mission of thriving, integrated communities. The successful candidate will have strong qualifications and be able to demonstrate a compelling commitment to Fair Housing, Civil Rights, client services, community engagement, social justice advocacy and/or related community development matters. More about HOME at www.homecincy.org.
Job Title: Director of Education
Reports To: Executive Director
FL.SA Status: Exempt
Hours: Full time. Flexible schedule. Occasional evenings and weekends.
Compensation: $55,000 - $60,000, with benefits.
Summary: Housing Opportunities Made Equal of Greater Cincinnati (HOME) seeks a dynamic Director of Education to educate community members, housing providers, and other stakeholders on fair housing rights and responsibilities. This position is responsible for coordinating and conducting trainings, developing training curriculums and materials, and working to realize HOME's overall mission of thriving, integrated communities. The successful candidate will have strong qualifications and be able to demonstrate a compelling commitment to Fair Housing, Civil Rights, client services, community engagement, social justice advocacy and/or related community development matters. More about HOME at www.homecincy.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and conduct in-person and virtual fair housing seminars, workshops, and trainings for public and private audiences in accordance with HOME's mission to eliminate housing discrimination. Trainings are conducted in order to meet grant deliverables and/or case settlements. Target audiences for trainings and seminars include:
- Community members, focusing on those most likely to experience housing discrimination
- Landlords, Property Management Companies, Real Estate Investors
- New and Experienced Real Estate Agents
- Social workers, case managers, related professions
- Develop and oversee implementation of a comprehensive community education and outreach plan, including cultivating relationships with industry professionals and community leaders.
- Oversee planning and implementation of educational events, including annual fair housing luncheon and other events.
- Develop fair housing training materials and content, and assist with development of other communications including flyers, brochures, PSAs, and other materials as necessary.
- Regularly attend local and national partner meetings and events to network and represent HOME.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's level degree or equivalent experience in education, marketing, communications, social work, housing industry or related field. Advance degree and/or significant professional experience in education, housing industry, or a related field a plus.
- Dynamic and effective public speaking skills for small and large groups.
- Previous education experience, especially in adult education.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with wide range of stakeholders, including community residents, public and private housing industry professionals, as well as housing consumers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Strong project management skills including time management, curriculum development, and grant reporting.
- Must have a strong understanding of local housing issues in frontline & marginalized communities.
- Strong commitment to Fair Housing, civil rights, diversity, inclusion and equity standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, MS Mail/Exchange, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Must be able to regularly travel to train at locations around the Greater Cincinnati area (Hamilton, Butler, Clermont Counties).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and car insurance.
- Must be available evenings and weekends as required for trainings and events.
Additional Required Skills
Language Skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports, legal documents or technical journals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic office computer skills.
Other Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. HOME supports affirmative action and is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary and Benefits: $55,000 - $60,000, depending on experience. HOME provides health, vision and supplemental insurance, retirement benefit match, paid holidays, vacation, and personal leave.
How to apply: Please send a detailed resume and cover letter. Submit materials to Elisabeth Risch, Executive Director, at Elisabeth.Risch@homecincy.org and include “Director of Education” in the subject line. No phone calls. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.