Director of Development, Ursuline Academy
Ursuline Academy, an all-girls independent Catholic high school in Cincinnati, Ohio, seeks a full-time Director of Development. This individual will help align the interests of our committed benefactors to the priorities and future of the school.
The Director of Development reports to the President of Ursuline Academy and develops and maintains relationships with Ursuline benefactors, working to facilitate collaboration between the goals of Ursuline and the interests of each benefactor. The ideal candidate will articulate the mission of the school and will build long-term relationships with our benefactors. The Annual Fund supports the operational needs of the school and along with events such as the annual Ultimate Auction, is integral to the achievement of our goals for the school. The Director of Development manages the Annual Fund, donor stewardship, plans and executes programs such as UA Gives Day, and leads team members that support the database, events, and Alumnae Relations.
- Understanding and supporting the charism, mission, and vision of Ursuline Academy,
- Working as a member of Ursuline Advancement, which includes Development, Communications, and Alumnae Relations.
- Leading the Annual Fund team to manage events and tasks that support donor relationships. The Director’s direct reports include four team members who manage events, alumnae relations, databases, and support activities.
- Achieving annual revenue goals.
- Communicating the vision and key initiatives of the school, and the programs and priorities which enable Ursuline to provide and outstanding learning environment.
- Attending key events and being a positive, informed representative of Ursuline in donor, alumnae, parent, and other constituent interactions.
- Working with the Admissions and Communications teams on special projects as assigned.
- Integration of strategic plan objectives into Development plans and activities.
- Reporting on and meeting metrics for performance, both quantitative and qualitative, on an annual and monthly basis.
- Coordinating and working effectively with the Board Development Committee
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
- Respect for confidentiality and privacy of information.
- Proven relationship and communication skills.
- Qualification, cultivation, solicitation, closing, and stewardship of current and potential donors (such as alumnae, parents, and other constituents). Work closely to support the Major Gifts Officer to identify prospects for major and legacy gifts.
- Leadership, collaboration, innovation, and strategic thinking.
- Problem-solving and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Strong written and verbal skills, excellent listener.
- Superior organization, time management, attention to detail.
- Must know how to prioritize workflow and assignments, meet deadlines.
- Technology - Microsoft Office skills, ability to learn and use Raiser’s Edge and Donor Search.
- Able to adapt to changing requirements.
- Team environment, collaboration.
The qualified applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree and several years of professional experience. Candidate must have a strong understanding of and respect for the Catholic faith and Ursuline education. Must be able to work well with Ursuline leadership, staff, and faculty as well as our broader community. Prior experience as a fundraiser is an asset. Experience in an academic or nonprofit organization is helpful but not required. Must be available for some evenings and weekends events.
Other qualifications include:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in fundraising, collaborating with donors, using technology to support efforts, managing a donor or customer portfolio, and leading teams. Knowledge of annual fund and planned giving, running special campaigns is an asset.
- Experience in sales or marketing, with a customer/client-centered focus may also be considered.
- Ability to develop and execute an annual plan for achieving development goals, along with long-term goals.
- Demonstration of taking a long-term perspective in managing partnerships.
Email resume and cover letter to Jane Dombart, Assistant to the President, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Director of Development.”
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a 12-month (year-round), full-time position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position begins in the current school year.
Ursuline Academy of Cincinnati is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory high school for young women in grades 9-12 and was founded in 1896 by the Ursuline Sisters of Brown County, Ohio. Ursuline offers an individualized curriculum specifically designed to prepare young women for college and beyond by nurturing their soul, intellect, heart, and imagination. Ursuline provides a culture where students are empowered to learn through their choices. Ursuline values diversity and fosters community in an environment of mutual respect.
In the vision of St. Angela Merici, Ursuline Academy empowers the young woman to recognize her unique gifts, to give voice to her ideals, to strive for personal and academic excellence, to seek justice through actions inspired by Gospel values, and to accept the challenge of human freedom with its accompanying responsibilities.
Additional information about Ursuline Academy may be found at www.ursulineacademy.org.