Director of Development and Communications, Abilities First
Abilities First Foundation empowers children and families living with differing abilities to discover and fulfill their unique potential within their communities. Are you adaptable, compassionate, empathetic, supportive, and trustworthy? If so, join our talented team, where we inspire children to be lifelong learners and encourage staff to grow! Through our play based curriculum, our affectionate loving staff ensure that our children are imparted with the knowledge to succeed.
Abilities First is a community-based agency with 3 disciplines: The Therapy Department, Autism Learning Center, and Early Childhood Learning Center. Abilities First is currenting seeking a passionate Director of Development and Communications.
1. Develops and implements a plan for growing the prospective donor base, cultivating donor relationships including lapsed donors, soliciting major gifts, corporate gifts, event sponsorships, appeals and planned giving, in line with strategic agency needs and in cooperation with agency/ program leadership and staff.
2. Works with agency and program leadership to research and assist with writing, submitting and meeting grant reporting requirements.
3. Coordinates and maintains donor database, tracking of grants, donations, prospect files, mailing lists, gifts in kind and outcomes of development, community awareness and fundraising activities.
4. Coordinates with agency and program leadership to maintain agency website and social media presence and develop informational materials and reports with consistent and appropriate messaging. Collaborates with program and program support staff to distribute materials to potential referrers, partners, donors, funders and others as needed.
5. Participates in community service events and activities representing Abilities First alongside other staff and volunteers; plans and implements special events to increase awareness of Abilities First programs and support/recognize funders, donors and volunteers.
6. Participates in Development, Community Awareness and other training opportunities as available and approved by supervisor.
7. Actively participates in meetings and activities to promote agency teamwork, continuous improvement and promote the positive community image of Abilities First, including special events, Annual UW Employee Campaign and community volunteer opportunities.
8.Supports Abilities First at community networking and liaison activities, and solicitation of donors and sponsorships for special events. Tracks involvement, follow up conversions and return on networking activities related to community networking, development and fundraising activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $50,000 (based off experience)
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work Life Balance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Middletown, OH 45044: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Grant writing: 1 year (Required)
- Marketing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person