Digital Marketing Specialist
United Way of Greater Cincinnati is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to create and execute digital assets to support United Way’s digital strategy to acquire supporters, friends, followers, volunteers and donors.
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to create and execute digital assets to support United Way’s digital strategy to acquire supporters, friends, followers, volunteers and donors. Assists in the design and implementation of the digital strategy. Leads social media strategy and execution as one part of the digital strategy to champion the organization’s short and long-term efforts in creating lasting systemic change across a nine-county area.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design, create and produce presentations, social media and special projects using sound, video and other multimedia tools.
- Collaboratively create, develop and maintain the creative vision of UWGC using photography and videography.
- Manage and organize a vast library of media using a digital asset management system.
- Coordinate with outside companies to create and edit video footage for special projects; help select and supervise contract personnel for videography services.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure digital user experience is as frictionless as possible and make recommendations to improve conversion rates at each step of the user flow.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing SEO and SEM efforts in order to provide effective solutions for content optimization.
- Create and implement posts, promotional initiatives, and strategic messaging through social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Create, manage and oversee social media content including copy, design and video elements in collaboration with designers and brand messaging director.
- Develop, maintain and execute a social media calendar and related strategies to best engage the public.
- Grow and cultivate UWGC’s social media audience and deepen their connection to our mission including participating in real-time online conversations with our social media community.
- Provide or supervise live social media coverage at key events including live broadcasts on various social platforms.
- Develop cross promotional messaging with other organizations and other online sites.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications and applies that knowledge to increase the use of social media within UWGC.
- Serves as the social media subject matter expert for UWGC and provides guidance and trains staff on leveraging social media.
- Assist in developing strategic personal social media campaigns for team members who regularly engage with partners on behalf of UWGC.
- Assist with other marketing and communications duties as required, such as media relations support; press release development; writing, editing, and proofing support; development of speeches and talking points; event planning and event management, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing, journalism or related field and minimum three to five years’ experience with digital/social media communications with demonstrated results or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Create Suite, Photoshop and other video and photo editing software.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce).
- Prior experience with email marketing software a plus (ex. Marketing Cloud, Marketo, etc.).
- Strong HTML and CSS.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media best practices including social media ads, paid search, etc.
- Practical knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Experience in social strategy, planning and execution for both awareness and performance (conversion) campaigns.
- Experience in audience identification, targeting, optimization of paid media platforms.
- Experience with Google Analytics and other analytics tools.
- Strategic thinking and ability to apply marketing/communications tactics to broad organizational strategies. Strong writing, editing, planning and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills. Familiarity with AP Style guidelines a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that could include night, weekend and event hours.
Competencies: Digital and print design, Video and photo editing, Technologically proficient, Deadline production, Organizational and strategic planning, Creativity, Marketing, Relationship building, Collaboration, Accountability to team and self, Time/Project management, Measurable impact, Leadership, Initiative
Applicants should apply by Wednesday, October 19, 2022, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion