The development director reports to and is supervised by the principal of the school. The development director plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the development program at The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori (GSCM) and works directly with the GSCM Board of Trustees (board), faculty/staff, PTO, and parent volunteers to implement the development program.
The development director is part of the administrative team of GSCM and works with the principal, marketing director and finance director in advancing the mission and operation of GSCM.
The development director’s main responsibilities center on fundraising events/opportunities, community engagement and alumni relations. The development director investigates development opportunities suitable for GSCM by researching feasibility as well as planning and implementing strategies to achieve objectives established by the board of trustees.
- Commitment to philosophy and mission of GSCM, including the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Personal values consistent with Catholic values
- Bachelor’s degree in development, business administration, communication or related field.
- Experience in development-related positions such as grant writing, special-event coordination, annual funds, capital campaigns, staff and volunteer supervision
- Understanding of the workings of a nonprofit organization in relation to development and marketing
- Excellent leadership, analytical, organizational, verbal, written, interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, strong self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills including: Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher; familiarity with database entry and reports
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Manage ongoing donor research, cultivation and major gift solicitations through a variety of strategies
- Supervise administration of donor database including constituent entry, gift entry, database maintenance, pledge reminders and thank you letters
- Ensure timely and accurate reports deliveries to funders and donors
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major gift donors and annual fund gifts of $1,000+
- Develop and implement a process to maintain contact with alumni
- Oversee the annual production of The Shepherd’s Voice magazine
- Oversee annual Christmas card design, production and mailing to database members
- Collaborate with principal, faculty/staff, PTO, and other volunteers in managing and implementing annual fundraisers.
Major Fundraising Events
- Develop and oversee the school’s annual fundraising program including the following major events.
- Annual Fund (September kick-off)
- Walkathon (October)
- Spring Event (March)
- Collaborate with principal, PTO, and parent volunteers to develop themes, schedules, promotion, and implementation of these events.
- Secure annual sponsorships from area businesses
- When applicable work with the board, principal, and administrative team to execute and implement capital campaigns.
- Communicate with the board of directors by working directly with the development liaison of the board
- Actively take part in appropriate school events
- Network with other schools and nonprofit agencies to promote the school’s mission and vision
Goal Setting, Communication and Evaluation:
The director of development will meet with the administrative team yearly to set goals and directions for the year. A monthly report is submitted to the board outlining fundraising status and other relevant development events.
The director of development will meet with the principal yearly to assess and evaluate the development program and execution of the above duties.
The director of development is a full-time position at GSCM. Hours include time on and off campus throughout the school year. As part of the administrative team, the director of development works during the school year (7:45-3:30) and some summer hours. Salary is based upon experience and level of education. Health benefits are available.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Anne Marie Vega, Principal
The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori
4460 Berwick St., Cincinnati, Ohio 45227