Development & Community Outreach Coordinator
Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky (HONK) is seeking an energetic professional with fundraising, networking and marketing skills to help low-income households realize their dream of owning a home! Join our faith-based, non-profit with over 30 years of experience creating affordable homeownership opportunities. Lead fundraising and event planning, build strategic relationships within the community, and help grow the client, volunteer and donor base to make a real impact on people's lives.
Make an impact that transforms lives by helping low-income families and individuals realize their dream of owning a home! Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky (HONK) is a faith-based non-profit organization with over 30 years of experience helping people become homeowners. We build and rehab homes to create the opportunity, while preparing clients for ownership though our supportive lease-to-own program.
Position: Development & Community Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Leads fundraising and event planning; builds strategic relationships within the community; and creates and implements an outreach plan to expand HONK’s impact on the families and individuals we serve.
- Develops a diversified annual fundraising plan in alignment with the agency’s strategic plan
- Creates and manages annual giving campaigns, event planning, and fundraising activities
- Supports and grows special events and collaborative opportunities
- Further develops HONK’s involvement in the vintage car collection
- Develops and directs a program for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors, businesses, and foundations
- Manages a timely and appropriate donor management and acknowledgement system
- Maintains accurate records and provides regular reports on goals in the fundraising plan
- Creates an annual outreach plan to grow and retain HONK’s client, volunteer and donor base
- Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new ones
- Participates in relevant councils, commissions, committees and relevant community meetings
- Develops outreach materials (newsletters, brochures, flyers, electronic media, etc.) to effectively convey the mission of HONK
- Develops a consistent presentation outline
- Schedules outreach presentations and communicates with staff regarding coverage and responsibilities
- Cultivates HONK’s social media presence to attract clients, volunteers, and donors
- Assists in the coordination of special events including open houses, groundbreaking ceremonies, donor/partner/volunteer appreciation activities, presentation of new client welcome baskets/gifts, holiday baskets/gifts, etc.
- Maintains accurate records and provides regular reports on goals in the outreach plan
- Assists the Executive Director with grant research and writing as needed
- Contributes to and coordinates efforts with HONK’s Development & Marketing Committee
- Assists with Candid Seal of Transparency, BBB accreditation, CHDO recertification, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as needed to assist HONK in its mission, while exercising the highest moral and ethical practices as a representative of HONK and its faith-based foundation
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or other relevant field, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- High level attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with a diverse population
- Outgoing and engaging personality with confidence to interact face-to-face with individual and corporate donors
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports on development and outreach activities, to track and assess progress and address program deficiencies as they occur
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms, email marketing and/or website management
- Experience with non-profits, including maintaining donor management systems preferred
- Experience planning events preferred
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance required
- Willingness to periodically flex schedule to support evening or weekend meetings and events as needed
- Supports HONK objectives, principles, and values
- Interacts effectively with HONK staff, volunteers and clients
- Adheres to HONK policies and procedures, and acts in a professional manner
- Suggests ways to improve organizational success
This is a full-time, salaried position
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000 DOE
Benefits include Health Care, Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off. Eligible for Retirement Plan after 1 year.
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references for consideration to David Hastings at Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky (HONK), 502 Fry Street, Covington 41011 or via e-mail to email@example.com