Customized Employment Specialist
The Genesis at Work Foundation is looking for a full time Customized Employment Specialist to work with job seekers and local employers to find meaningful work for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Genesis at Work Foundation is looking for a full time Customized Employment Specialist to work with job seekers and local employers to find meaningful work for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This person will be working within the two programs that are listed below.
- Job Seekers Discovery Program: Identifies and understands the skills, strengths, interests, learning style and work environment that best meets the job seeker’s needs where a customized plan for employment is developed along with a profile and visual resume.
- Inclusive Employers Program: Fills job openings and diversifies workforces by collaborating with Greater Cincinnati area companies wanting to gain knowledge and experience in employing people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Both of the above mentioned programs adhere to the Customized Employment strategy and work closely together.*
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/work experience in Special Education, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or any other related field
- A minimum of two years of experience working with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Current and valid driver’s license and reliable method of transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work effectively in groups and in one-on-one situations
- Must have a passion for helping individuals with disabilities
- Manages all aspects of individual caseload and individual case records and program records of assigned job seekers
- Provides Discovery according to set standards to job seekers with intellectual and developmental disabilities to create a Customized Plan for Employment
- Ensures that the job seeker is not only being listened to, but is being HEARD as Discovery is being provided
- Performs intake procedures for new job seekers
- Attends staff meetings and other related meetings as required
- Coordinates with Program director to ensure quality of service is being upheld
- Provides Job Development for job seekers while using what has been learned within Discovery
- Regularly communicates with job seekers, families, employers, school districts, volunteers, and others regarding job placement matters including periodic status reporting
- Maintains a caseload of no more than five individual job seekers at one time
- Collects and stores data and sensitive information pertaining to Discovery and Job Development in accordance to Genesis at Work Standards
- Regularly communicates with supervisor and other key constituents regarding job seeker status and any problems or potential challenges
- Attends training and achieves certification in the Marc Gold & Associates: Discovery and Job Development
- Assists in training new staff, partners, and volunteers in the Marc Gold & Associates Discovery, and Job Development
- Performs other related duties as assigned
This job description provides a position summary and may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Genesis at Work Foundation.