Corporate and Executive Communications Specialist
The Corporate and Executive Communications Specialist drives engagement in United Way’s mission to increase economic well-being for families across our region by ensuring that every corporate and executive communication is an opportunity to deepen stakeholder passion for the cause.
The Corporate and Executive Communications Specialist drives engagement in United Way’s mission to increase economic well-being for families across our region by ensuring that every corporate and executive communication is an opportunity to deepen stakeholder passion for the cause. The Communications Specialist will play a key role in managing internal and external communications to key audiences including staff, board members, community leaders, corporate and community partners, and the general public. The Communications Specialist will provide direct support for the President and CEO and other senior leaders ensuring the passion of our leaders is palpable through written and face-to-face communications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Support key external corporate and executive communications:
- Develop executive communications campaigns including key written materials and presentations to further the mission of United Way and connect with key community leaders, donors and other stakeholders.
- Create communications strategy to support executive leader’s roles as community and policy advocate, thought leader, and subject matter expert on family economic well-being, systems change, and philanthropy.
- Create and deliver external executive communications, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
- Draft messages and scripts for senior executives for presentations to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics for presentations, interviews and media appearances.
Support key internal corporate and executive communications:
- Establish and manage an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior leadership.
- Ensure organizational initiatives, projects and progress are successfully communicated to employees, board members and key volunteers.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums such as regular email updates, videos, and announcements.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across mediums.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of experience in writing, communications, and/or marketing.
- Proven track record of creating communications strategies and assets.
- Proficient in MS products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional local travel to events within the regional area.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong speaking skills with significant comfort in public speaking and delivering presentations.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills to work across teams and departments and confidence to work closely with and give and receive feedback to senior executives.
- Creative skills to devise effective communications strategies.
- Strong skills in synthesizing information to deliver concise and memorable messages.
Salary starting low 50’s plus competitive benefits package
Applicants should apply by Friday, March 31, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion