Found House Interfaith Housing Network’s mission is to provide homeless families emergency shelter and hospitality through interfaith communities and to work with families to find and retain stable housing.
Found House provides emergency shelter and housing programs for homeless families in Cincinnati, Ohio and surrounding areas. For the past 30 years, Found House IHN has been a beacon of hope for families in our community with nowhere else to turn. Found House remains focused on our overarching goal of helping families experiencing homelessness secure safe, affordable, permanent housing with the key organizational goals to:
- Provide hospitality to meet basic needs
- Keep families together
- Help families find and retain stable housing
- Build a community where no family has to go with out roof overhead
The Compliance Coordinator provides support for the administrative, financial, and record-keeping aspects of the agency to ensure that programs run smoothly and in concert with each other, as well as in compliance with the government regulations that administer them.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Background in managing financially-related compliance.
- Proficiencies in Outlook, Word, Excel, Windows.
- Desired proficiencies in homeless management information system (Clarity) and QuickBooks.
The ideal candidate will embody:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently across many different program requirements
- High degree of problem solving ability
- Ability to learn program funding restrictions quickly and thoroughly
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of initiative
- Genuine team player
- Commitment to serving those in need
- Ability to maintain sense of humor in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse staff and client base
Accountability: Accountable to the Compliance Director
- Manage process of collecting information needed to make payments on behalf of clients.
- Review housing documents submitted by case managers and housing coordinator to ensure accuracy, consistency, and compliance with government funding agency requirements.
- Problem-solve with services staff to identify cost-eligible ways to spend funds.
- Participate in review of financial request process and change in concert with Compliance Director, when needed.
- Manage Continuum of Care (CoC) match compliance process, in partnership with Compliance Director.
- Other related financial needs that arise.
- Regularly review all required data by case managers (both in Clarity and in paper files) to identify needed corrections.
- Participate in regular review of client file documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in preparations for yearly program standards evaluation and financial audit.
- Provide service statistics and other report data as required, potentially from multiple databases.
- In conjunction with Compliance Director, keep staff updated with new/changed forms and tools, as they pertain to compliance, across programs.
- Manage file structure on agency server/general shared drive, with oversight from Compliance Director.
- Teach services team and other staff how to effectively utilize server/shared drive.
- Other related data projects and needs that arise.
- Trouble-shoot technological problems, in conjunction with Vice President, where needed.
- Assist Compliance Director in developing and maintaining program-specific manuals to ensure consistent operations across programs.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, weekly services team meetings, where necessary, and weekly supervision meetings with compliance team.
- Represent IHNGC at community meetings and related workgroups. Relay relevant changes learned from meetings to team.
- Rotate weekly on-call duties with other staff.
- Assist in monitoring & coverage of Day Center office schedules & client traffic, as needed.
- Participate in the full functioning of IHNGC staff by affirming and assisting the contributions of others.
- Other duties as identified and assigned.
We offer a full-range of benefits along with a flexible work environment.