Community Engagement Coordinator
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a critical part of the COVERD team, engaging hundreds of volunteers performing thousands of service hours each year. This position oversees the recruitment, organization, training, engagement, and recognition of all volunteers for our programs. They will work closely with our Director of Program & Operations to ensure volunteers are best utilized to get our products out to partner agencies on time. They will also work closely with and report to our Development Director to grow our donor base and make corporate and organizational connections in our area. This staff member will also be the primary representative from our organization at off-site mobile wrapping events and community events where we’re asked to have a presence.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Full-Time: 40 hours a week
Reports to: Development Director
Salary: $35,000-$40,000/annually (Salaried position)
Location: Cincinnati, OH (1400 State Ave. 45204)
Start Day: Flexible, ideally early February
Education Requirements: High School Diploma
About: COVERD Greater Cincinnati operates 3 programs: Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank, Tidal Babe Period Bank, and Fly & Dry Basic Needs Bank. All programs work with local social service agencies to provide free basic hygiene items to low-income families while raising awareness of the basic health need for them. Our mission is to eliminate the existence of basic needs poverty in our community so that all members have a chance to be healthy, happy, and safe. We were founded in October of 2015 and have been experiencing rapid growth and success since then.
Role Description: The Community Engagement Coordinator is a critical part of the COVERD team, engaging hundreds of volunteers performing thousands of service hours each year. This position oversees the recruitment, organization, training, engagement, and recognition of all volunteers for our programs. They will work closely with our Director of Program & Operations to ensure volunteers are best utilized to get our products out to partner agencies on time. They will also work closely with and report to our Development Director to grow our donor base and make corporate and organizational connections in our area. This staff member will also be the primary representative from our organization at off-site mobile wrapping events and community events where we’re asked to have a presence.
Volunteer Coordination (50%)
- Work with interested individuals, companies, and groups to schedule volunteer shifts.
- Train and oversee volunteers for the duration of their shift.
- Manage volunteer leaders, including running background checks and ongoing training and oversight.
- Work within a database to manage and schedule volunteers.
- Basic warehouse tasks including arranging/staging inventory and maintaining organized/clean spaces.
- Work closely with all staff to identify volunteer needs and develop deeper relationships with volunteers.
Community Outreach & Mobile Wrapping (30%)
- Work with interested individuals, companies, and groups, to schedule off-site mobile wrapping events.
- Ensure off-site agreements are completed and invoices are sent for each event.
- Manage all logistics of events including truck rental and driving, inventory planning, and facilitation.
- Attend occasional volunteer and other community outreach events where a COVERD presence is required or requested.
- Manage community diaper drives by answering questions, providing information or documents, scheduling deliveries of donated product, delivering and picking up donation bins, and sending thank you notes.
Volunteer Appreciation (10%)
- Organize and execute annual volunteer appreciation event(s) within a budget.
- Create and send regular volunteer newsletters and other timely communications.
Volunteer Administration (10%)
- Collect and organize data related to number of volunteers and volunteer hours for monthly reports.
- Input and manage volunteer input of client outcome surveys.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relay the history, mission, and vision of the organization to many different types and groups of people and answer questions about basic needs poverty and how we operate in general
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to drive a truck (up to 26’)
- Proven ability to manage multiple duties and priorities in deadline-intensive situations
- Able to gather and synthesize information, draw insights, and summarize issues.
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with Google Drive
- Database and/or data entry experience a plus
- An eye for process improvement and quality control
- Should be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 40 pounds and stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Willingness to operate a pallet jack and become forklift certified (we pay for training)
- The ability to handle conflict, confrontation, and uncomfortable situations head-on and with grace
- Proven ability to delegate and manage workloads and projects across functions
- Able to flourish in a creative team environment as well as operate independently
- Demonstrated ability for public speaking and delivering a compelling message (which would be about our organization, mission, and goals.)
- Has strong analytic skills and a strategic thinker who is open to different perspectives and new ways of doing things
- Ability to demonstrate and uphold our core values (Advocacy, Engagement, Inclusion, Innovation, and Respect)
Schedule and Flexibility: In general, the schedule is extremely flexible with the option to have a balance of working from the office and working remotely. Some early evening and Saturday hours are required each month for this role. We are closed (with pay) the week of July 4th and between Dec. 25th and Dec. 31st.
Benefits: This position is an opportunity to join a quickly-growing nonprofit in Cincinnati’s Lower Price Hill community. Our board of directors, donors, and volunteers are very hands-on and energized around the success of COVERD. We offer:
- A flexible schedule
- Health Reimbursement stipend
- 403(b) retirement plan
- 15 vacation days each year
- 5 sick days each year
- 7 company holidays
- Paid holiday break the week of July 4th
- Paid holiday break between Dec. 25th-Dec. 31st
- 2 floating holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office
- Bus pass provided if main transportation is public
Process: First-round Zoom interviews will begin in early December. Second-round in-person interviews will begin in early January.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
To Apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVERD Greater Cincinnati does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.