Chief Marketing Officer
The Chief Marketing Officer will work to strengthen and grow United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s unique brand and engage stakeholders across sectors as the leading social impact organization in greater Cincinnati and our region.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will work to strengthen and grow United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s (UWGC)) unique brand and engage stakeholders across sectors as the leading social impact organization in greater Cincinnati and our region. Work hand-in-hand with the CEO to build and sustain a positive corporate culture and reputation of excellence, internally and externally. Assist the CEO in fostering a corporate culture that embraces diversity. Manage both CEO’s and organization’s public relations, public policy, employee engagement and community engagement efforts. Manage all UWGC social media strategies. Ensure alignment with UWGC’s marketing and campaign communications. Ensure alignment with all other departments.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Executive Communication and Public Policy
- Serve on UWGC’s leadership team and create high level messaging and communications strategy to inform and influence key stakeholders to include employees, Board of Directors, media, elected officials, consumers, partner agencies and general public.
- Execute communications programs to deliver on organizational goals, brand management, brand refresh, and corporate culture.
- Establish, interpret, and communicate organization-wide policy, procedures and objectives.
- Assist in the development of and communications for the CEO, including community presentations, speeches, employee communications and other key stakeholder communications.
- Collaborate with CEO to design and execute strategic communications to engage Board of Directors and other key stakeholders.
- Represent UWGC at community and stakeholder meetings, including representing the CEO as needed.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and execute crisis communications.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and execute CEO’s social media strategy.
- Manage and respond to public inquiries to the CEO.
Public Relations and Media Relations
- Oversee external communication and brand management/refresh by creating and disseminating informative, educational, and positive content through all channels, including websites, social media, mainstream media, newsletters, organizational publications, intranet and video.
- Research, write and disseminate copy for media kits, press releases, newsletters, booklets, brochures, fact sheets and reports.
- Respond to and manage all media inquiries; manage interviews and all media appearances by the CEO and others in the organization.
- Develop strong relationships with local media and actively pitch stories to spotlight the organization in a positive manner.
- Develop a positive internal culture that embraces employee input and diversity through effective employee communication and engagement programs.
- Oversee internal communication and culture development by managing, creating and disseminating employee-related content through all internal channels, including town halls, intranet, social media, newsletters, email announcements, organizational publications, and video.
- Hire and develop marketing team staff including establishing goals, providing performance feedback, recognizing and rewarding team accomplishments, supporting training, learning and/or other growth opportunities, and ensuring an inclusive pool of talent with adequate bench strength.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred or bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines, or equivalent experience.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in increasingly responsible marketing and communications positions.
- Communication Skills: Excellent writing, editing, presenting and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to engage and influence a variety of diverse groups/individuals.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong management and change leadership experience. Ability to recruit, manage, lead and motivate the work of employees and volunteers.
- Stress Management: Ability to keep calm under pressure in crisis management.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- High level knowledge of regional community, all communications media and United Way fundraising desired.
- Strong Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional travel to events within the regional area.
Competencies: Marketing and Branding, Digital and Media Literacy, Effective and Engaging Communicator, Embracing and Managing Change, Community or Government Relations, Product Development, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Data Driven Decision Making, Focus on Managing Customer Experience, Personal Accountability
Applicants should apply by Friday, March 17, 2023 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion