Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant
Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. We're looking for a Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant who is motivated, well-organized, and detail-oriented. This position is responsible for assisting the CFO with finance and donation processing tasks as well as performing general office management duties. We hope you'll apply!
Are you a detail-oriented individual looking to make an impact on the world through your career? Are you comfortable working with numbers and do you enjoy learning new ways to work with them? If you’re reading this, nodding, and saying, “That’s me!” we'd love to talk with you!
Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. CoEd accomplishes this mission by helping kids learn to read, graduate, and thrive throughout their lives. By providing sustainable education tools (like books and computers), teacher training, and scholarships, CoEd strives to address the root causes of poverty in Guatemala, rather than merely treating its symptoms.
We are looking for a Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant who is motivated, well-organized, and detail-oriented. This position is responsible for:
Bookkeeping and Donation Processing Support
- Assists CFO with finance and accounting related tasks including assisting with bank reconciliation, expense reporting, payroll, and other duties as assigned.
- Processes received donations, wire transfers and checks on a weekly basis, entering information into Salesforce.
- Maintains donor and account data integrity.
- Communicates with donors regarding their donation including thank yous, receipts and messages about failed gifts.
- Acts as the frontline staff person answering the main phone line and email accounts.
- Supports inner-office communications through compiling announcements and preparing staff meeting agendas.
- Ensures the office is well stocked, orders any needed supplies and completes other office errands as needed.
Our IDEAL candidate will possess the following characteristics:
You’re filled with gratitude.
You love showing others the appreciation they deserve and recognize that thoughtfulness is key when communicating with donors.
You value attention to detail.
You care about the little things, and carry out your work with thought and integrity. Youre even watching for typos, and this sentence made your eye twitch.
You’re passionate about empowering students.
You recognize the importance of education, and long to make a difference by connecting promising students with supporters who can help them surmount the barriers to their success.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred. Please include your area of study on your resume.
- 1-2 years of work experience in donation processing or bookkeeping is strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- High level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with colleagues and donors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with excellent Excel skills. Database experience and/or tech savviness preferred. Experience with Salesforce and/or QuickBooks a plus.
- Spanish speaking ability is a plus.
Compensation: $38,000 - $40,000 annual salary
Job Type: Full Time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer HSA contribution
- 401(k) plan
- Flex time
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 observed paid holidays
- Paid travel to Guatemala with option of additional 1 week PTO for Spanish study
This is a position based in our Cincinnati, Ohio office and starting in September 2022. This office currently operates with a hybrid in-person and remote schedule. This role will be required to come into the office at least one time per week.
This role also requires a reliable vehicle as occasional errands and food pickups must be completed.
How to Apply: Please apply through our website at coeduc.org/careers with resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please.
Cooperative for Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on-the-basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws.