Associate Vice President, Non-Profit Services
The Associate Vice President (AVP), Non-Profit Services is responsible for overseeing fundraising campaigns, strategy and planning engagements for a portfolio of leading non-profits in the Cincinnati region.
Associate Vice President, Non-Profit Services
Non-Profit Services Division
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY
Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy serves the entire philanthropic and non-profit sector—from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and enhance their charitable giving to non-profits looking for an experienced partner to help raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division provides strategic fundraising services and manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of non-profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised more than $300 Million in private dollars for non-profit capital projects and initiatives.
The Associate Vice President (AVP), Non-Profit Services is responsible for overseeing fundraising campaigns, strategy and planning engagements for a portfolio of leading non-profits in the Cincinnati region. The AVP, NPS reports to the Senior Vice President, Non-Profit Services and works collaboratively to help lead the Non-Profit Services team.
As a client leader, the AVP will have significant experience and expertise in non-profit fundraising and management and will be regarded by industry professionals as a thought leader and seasoned expert. They will be adept in providing the highest quality strategic counsel to clients and community leaders in order to deliver fundraising and staff assessments, campaign planning, campaign management, campaign messaging and communications, annual fundraising, donor data analysis, and fundraising strategy services.
Specific areas of oversight and responsibilities include:
Under the direction and guidance of the SVP, Non-Profit Services, the AVP leads a portfolio of fundraising and strategy projects for the Non-Profit Services Division. In this capacity, the AVP serves as a dedicated project leader who will support projects from inception to conclusion, providing strategic direction and leadership. They will have the following responsibilities:
- Direct and manage members of the Non-Profit Services project team assigned to respective projects to ensure all project deliverables are performed at a high quality, on-time and exceed the expectations of the client.
- In collaboration with the SVP, serve as a strategic advisor to the client by providing strategic direction for projects.
- Lead select client meetings as well as help with cultivation and solicitation meetings with donors as needed to support the client or execute the project strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders who are instrumental in the success of client projects.
- Collaborate with divisional leads to develop and adapt processes, procedures and staffing structures for the Non-Profit Services Division.
- Perform necessary project work and duties to meet the needs of the client.
The AVP, Non-Profit Services participates in the business development efforts for the Non-Profit Services Division and will perform the following duties:
- Collaborate with the President & CEO and the SVP, as well as staff members, in the execution of the business development strategy.
- Coordinate with the SVP to manage sales pipeline documents, preparation of proposals and client contracts.
COMPANY CULTURE & LEADERSHIP
- Supervise Director(s) and Manager(s) as assigned.
- Participate in and actively exemplify a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to ongoing development of infrastructure, processes and procedures for the organization.
- Foster interdepartmental collaboration between the Non-Profit Services and other divisions to create better synergies.
- Serve as an authentic voice and perspective to help advance Ignite’s external relations efforts
- Participate in and actively exemplifies Ignite Core Principles:
- Solutions Driven – Our work is rooted in our ability to develop solutions to help our clients achieve their philanthropic goals. We take the lead in co-creating the path to our clients’ success.
- Adaptive – Building the right strategy requires us to remain humble, so we may continually learn and adapt. We embrace listening, questioning, and experimentation as the foundation of our adaptive mindset.
- Team-Centered – Philanthropy is a team sport – no single individual has the knowledge and experience to successfully navigate all aspects of our work. We thrive by taking a team approach, ensuring that we bring diverse tools and talent to successfully tackle our clients’ complex challenges.
- Service Minded – Through the generosity of our clients, we serve our community by maximizing the power of giving. We lead by example, personifying the spirit of the sector we serve.
- 8+ years of non-profit fundraising experience or proven related experience, with progressive increase in responsibility and leadership.
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional teams to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Keen business intuition, results-driven, with ability to be adaptive and open-minded to new ideas.
- Exceptional critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to earn trust, confidence and respect amongst internal team, clients, and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to balance demands of multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Strong public speaking skills and professional presence.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the Greater Cincinnati region, community leaders and stakeholders preferred.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
SALARY & BENEFITS
Ignite Philanthropy offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $90,000 annually.
- Ignite offers the following benefits to employees:
- Elective health, dental and vision insurance (75% of the employee’s premium is employer-paid).
- Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance (100% of the premium is employer-paid).
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a 4% employer contribution that employees may elect to participate in the quarter immediately following their hire date.
- Discretionary annual bonus and profit-sharing contribution.
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays, which includes six (6) business days at the end of the calendar year.
- 120 hours of paid leave (PTO) used for vacations and planned absences.
- Flexible Discretionary Leave used for short-term health-related or personal absences.
- Eight (8) hours of Volunteer Leave used for volunteering in the community.
- Twelve (12) weeks of partially paid Parental Leave.
- Ignite provides the following stipends to offset employee’s costs:
- Home Office/Technology Stipend - $400/one-time, upon hire
- Parking Stipend - $80/month
- Phone/Internet Stipend - $50/month
- Wellness Reimbursement - $200/annually
- Ignite is fully committed to employees’ growth and offers opportunities for continued professional development.
- Ignite supports a flexible work environment. However, Ignite’s business and client needs will need to be supported through attending in-person meetings, as well as completing office-based projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early. To apply, please complete the online application.