Associate, Project LIFT
United Way of Greater Cincinnati is seeking to hire a dynamic Associate who will serve as an integral part of United Way's growing Project LIFT Network efforts. The Project LIFT network initiative is a coordinated effort by United Way to activate community driven solutions through a connected network of partners with a shared vision to impact the financial empowerment of families through family-driven goals, longer-term relationships, and access to flexible resources.
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) is seeking to hire a dynamic Associate who will serve as an integral part of UWGC’s growing Project LIFT Network efforts. The Project LIFT network initiative is a coordinated effort by United Way to activate community driven solutions through a connected network of partners with a shared vision to impact the financial empowerment of families through family-driven goals, longer-term relationships, and access to flexible resources. The Project LIFT network members are an inclusive range of organizations (and their people) across the region who have vested interest in the problem the network seeks to solve- equitable financial empowerment for families. The Associate will help to ensure the network’s success through maximum alignment, connectivity, and coordinated action of network partners.
The Associate will serve in both support and independent capacity to effectively coordinate, engage, and aid Project LIFT network members and serve as liaison between network members and UWGC. The Associate will convene and lead network partner collaborative activities, co-creation of shared processes, and evaluation efforts, working closely with the Sr. Manager and network members to deepen the impact of Project LIFT, ensure it contributes to accelerating financial empowerment of families in our region, and share learnings across the organization and the community at-large.
Highly qualified candidates may be considered for Senior Associate title depending on experience and expertise (transferrable skills included in determination).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Facilitating effective network processes:
- Collaborating with Sr. Manager to promote network member knowledge of strategy, shared purpose, and goals, and help to ensure members understand their alignment to the network’s shared purpose.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures to support the coordination of network activities and functions, ensuring processes are efficient, appropriate for the task, and well communicated.
Facilitating engaged network relationships:
- Operate as a key primary contact and relationship manager for network members.
- Help to cultivate trust and build member engagement, including, but not limited to, activities that reinforce benefits for network members, helping to facilitate network meetings, operating working groups, committees, and communities of practice, etc.
- Monitor and continually assess network member experience and engagement.
Facilitating quality network results:
- Guide network activities to align with measurable goals and help ensure community impact by supporting members to plan and carryout network activities.
- Support communicating results within network to ensure network members understand if they are reaching goals and satisfying value proposition.
- Support continuous improvement efforts and high data quality through data collection and audits.
- Assist with creating practices and reports for network members to guide data quality and community impact.
Serve as UWGC and Network Member liaison:
- Collect feedback and internally communicate network wants and needs, like database improvements, committees, etc.
- Represent UWGC at community events, corporate engagements, conferences, presentations, convenings, and other meetings. Attend and contribute to community meetings, partner events, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of professional work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Adaptability and agility in balancing multiple and shifting activities and priorities.
- Ability to absorb information quickly, completing projects with minimal supervision.
- Comfort with technology, with the ability to learn and adapt to new platforms.
- Critical thinking and ability to work independently, with some direction from Manager.
- Frequent local travel to events within the regional area; some out of town travel for national conferences or trainings.
Salary-mid 40's plus competitive benefits package
Applicants should apply by Monday, February 19, 2024, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion