Assistant Center Director/Lead Teacher - Play Time Early Learning Center
We're hiring a full-time Assistant Director / Lead Teacher for the preschool program at our Play Time center, located in Colerain Township! This hybrid position will work with the Center Director on administrative duties for the center, as well as working half-days in a classroom.
Do you love working with young children? Are you energetic, enthusiastic, and fun with a great attitude? Do you enjoy helping young minds explore & discover the world around them? Are you looking for a team atmosphere where you know you will make a difference in the community?
Starting pay is $16.80/hour. Benefits for FT employees include free family membership, health & dental insurance, program discounts, and optional retirement savings plan.
- Collaborate with the center director to direct, develop and manage day-to-day of assigned classroom and branch operations.
- Monitor and support factors related to operation of a child care center, ensuring that the programs meet all state, local and YMCA regulations and standards; implements the Creative Curriculum; routinely observes classrooms to ensure compliance and quality.
- Administer the day-to-day operations of the classroom.
- Implement class curriculum, activities & experiences in a developmentally-appropriate manner, meeting the needs of the students.
- Utilize a diverse selection of materials to reflect needs of all students.
- Facilitate a classroom that invites exploration, promotes positive plan, and welcomes children.
- Promote a team concept through positive interactions with students, parents & other staff.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field or significant employment experiences directly related to the functions of the position.
- Must meet all “Center Administrator” criteria as outlined in the licensing requirements of the Department of Human Services of the state and local governments; and NAEYC Accreditation.
- Must meet all child care licensing requirements.
- Previous experience working with children.
- CPR & First Aid certifications must be obtained/maintained throughout employment.