Annual Fund Coordinator
The Annual Fund Coordinator coordinates the Foundation’s Annual Fund program, with the purpose of raising unrestricted funds with a goal to increase the number of donors and dollar amount raised each year.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (marketing, public relations, communication, business administration, or related field); OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in fundraising in an educational or non-profit setting, especially in social media venues preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products and preferably Raisers Edge/Blackbaud software or other comparable fundraising database software
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Annual Fund Coordinator coordinates the Foundation’s Annual Fund program, with the purpose of raising unrestricted funds with a goal to increase the number of donors and dollar amount raised each year. The Coordinator is a representative of the Foundation and school who is passionate about Walnut Hills and is sincerely interested in the activities and interests of the entire Walnut Hills family; with an ability to share this passion and vision in a compelling manner.
This position requires the Coordinator to work closely with other members of the Foundation to ensure a coordinated, effective, consistent, and strategic execution of annual giving programs, appeals, activities, donor relations and stewardship.
Success of the annual giving program will be measured in unrestricted dollars-raised in support of the Annual Fund, donor acquisition and retention, and overall percent-participation among the various constituencies.
The Coordinator will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, impeccable integrity, outstanding organizational skills, and excellent relationship-building skills with donors. A willingness to work outside of “normal” business hours is essential as peak periods and special events necessitate some evening and weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and partner with the Executive Director in crafting and executing a comprehensive, multi-channel, integrated strategic plan for the Annual Fund including, but not restricted to, a comprehensive calendar of direct mail/social media appeals etc. This would also include supporting events or activities that provide alumni engagement both on and off the campus dovetailing with all fund raising programs and initiatives.
- Work with the team to develop activities to engage younger alumni and create social media strategies to support initiatives.
- Enter, evaluate, and report data for the ongoing evaluation of annual fund programs using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge program and Excel
- Follow up with all gifts to ensure that all corporate matching gift opportunities are captured and pursued
- Provide support to the Executive Director in identification and qualification o prospective major donors
- Attend Alumni events including nights and weekends
- Represent Walnut Hills High School at selected school and community events
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Capability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to think creatively with openness to new ideas and their implementation
- Ability to manage multiple projects, demonstrate a high level of energy, operate in an organized manner, have a reputation for accepting and meeting challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- A passion for and ability to share the virtues of Walnut Hills High School
This is a full-time position located at Walnut Hills High School. Normal working hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday; however, must be available to work occasionally on weekends and evenings.
Local travel is required. Out of state travel is limited, but may be required for special trainings/conferences.