Advancement Director, SVDP
As part of our leadership team, our Advancement Director is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive fundraising program that includes major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving and special events. The Advancement Director will work closely with our Executive Director, spreading the good news of what our society does.
Position: Advancement Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Reporting to our Executive Director and part of our leadership team, our Advancement Director is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive fundraising program that includes major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving and special events. The Advancement Director will work closely with our Executive Director, spreading the good news of what our society does.
General Job Duties:
- Work closely with the Development Committee, Board of Directors, and Executive Director to develop fundraising strategies and goals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to meet the organization’s annual revenue goals, including a planned capital campaign intended to support the ministry’s growth.
- Develop relationships with key prospects and donors. Manage a portfolio of 20-25 prospects.
- Develop and oversee grant strategy, working with staff and sub-contracted grant writers.
- Plan and execute special events that engage donors and raise funds for the organization.
- Manage and lead a team of 3 professionals, providing guidance, training, and support as needed.
- Delegate and oversee communication and public relations such as the annual report, print and electronic appeals, newsletter, social media, TV, print media and the website.
- Represent SVdP NKY at key events/functions. Understand that this is an external-facing role and will be expected to be in the community, networking and building relationships.
- Use CRM system for planning, tracking donor interactions, grant management, and maintaining fundraising calendar with support of Advancement Coordinator staff person.
- Oversee analysis of fundraising data to evaluate performance and adjust strategies as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience within a non-profit.
- Five or more years of successful fundraising experience. Capital campaign fundraising experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong written communication.
- Effective people engagement.
- A proven ability to set goals, lead teams and help others reach their goals.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed for special events and community engagement.
- Experience identifying, securing, and sustaining 5-6 figure gifts.
- Ability to exercise discretion and make independent decisions that align with the organization’s vision, direction, and strategic plan.
- Experience with CRM donation management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.