The International Rett Syndrome Foundation (IRSF) is a 501c3, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. IRSF makes strategic and significant investments in research to find a cure for Rett syndrome, while also funding activities related to improving clinical care, family empowerment, and advocacy. The Foundation not only funds the highest quality research but is dedicated to helping develop better treatments to improve the quality of life of individuals with Rett syndrome.
The administrative specialist is a full-time, hourly position, working at IRSF corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. This position is critical to the success of the organization, and requires an individual who is team-oriented, positive, and problem solving.
- Be the face of the organization to visitors.
- Provide support in preparing project documents, presentations, and reports.
- Create and manage grant applications to foundations and industry sponsors.
- Coordinate with inside staff and outside agencies for daily administrative operations.
- Schedule meetings, book meeting rooms when needed, prepare meeting agenda, and take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Answering telephone calls and directing them to relevant staff.
- Organize trainings, team meetings and events as needed.
- Manage the calendar of senior managers on daily basis. Make travel arrangements as needed.
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary.
- Provide back-up office support for vacations, including check depositing, gift entry, etc.
- Manages all shipping request that come through Cincinnati office.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong project management knowledge and prioritization, with the ability to deliver multi-faceted projects on time.
- Brings enthusiasm for the tasks at hand to his/her work, as well as a sense of creativity and an interest in continual improvement.
- Ability to proactively recommend solutions to potential problems and to develop plans for addressing problems on the fly when necessary.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and its editing tools.
Interested individuals, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org