Administrative Assistant, CLC
Cardinal Land Conservancy is an Ohio non-profit corporation whose mission is: “To preserve natural habitats, waterways and productive lands we love in southwest Ohio by working with individuals, families and communities.” Administrative responsibilities include Board & Committee Management and Support, administrative office support and membership support.
CARDINAL LAND CONSERVANCY, INC.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PART-TIME to FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Part-time to Full-time, Hourly)
Primary Location: Milford, OH (moving to Loveland, OH sometime in 2024)
Schedule: Part-time to Full-time. Minimum 24 hours per week.
Work Hours: As agreed, Mon. – Fri., between 8 - 5
Compensation: $20 per hour
Insurance, Retirement or other Employment Benefits at 30+ hours: Health Care, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life-Insurance, 401K Match
Reports to: Executive Director, Office Manager, and Development Manager
Posting Date: January 9, 2024
Job Function: Office support
Cardinal Contact Name: Shannon Disbennett, Office Manager
Cardinal Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting End Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2024
Cardinal Land Conservancy Inc. ("CLC") is an Ohio non-profit corporation whose mission is: “To preserve natural habitats, waterways and productive lands we love in southwest Ohio by working with individuals, families and communities.” Cardinal works in seven counties in southwest Ohio to preserve agricultural lands through conservation easements as well as purchasing lands important for conservation to own and manage for the public benefit. We continuously seek to attract new members and donors through communications and events throughout the region.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Board & Committee Management and Support – Assists Board Secretary and Committee Chairs with the creation of monthly meeting agendas. Distributes monthly Board agenda and package and records the meeting minutes. Prepares virtual and in-person meeting environments. Records the Committee meeting minutes when assigned. Ensures proper tracking and document storage regarding minutes, packages, resolutions, etc. to be in compliance with accreditation requirements. Assists Board President and Executive Director to onboard new board members.
- Administrative Office Support- assist with the day-to-day operations of the office to include accounts payable/receivable, bank deposits, mail retrieval & distribution, IT support, Cardinal Calendar, etc. Prepare for monthly staff meetings and record staff meeting minutes.
- Membership Support- Assist the Development Manager to grow and maintain membership by doing outreach in all forms--verbal, written, Electronic communication includes engagement on social media as well as website creative input and updating. Assist with updating donor database.
- Fundraising/Development Support- Assist the Executive Director and Development Manager with implementing the fundraising plan and Assist with organizing and running membership or outreach events. Assist with grant research and tracking.
Work Hours and Benefits
This position may be part-time to full-time, depending on the preference of the employee, with an hourly wage of $20.00 per hour. Hours worked should be at minimum 24 hours per week up to 40 hours per week. Pay is every two weeks. Hours are expected to be worked at the office with some flexibility to work from home when necessary. The main office is currently located in Milford, OH, but will be moving to Loveland, OH in 2024. Professional development opportunities are encouraged. Health and retirement benefits are offered for employees working 30 hours per week or more. Approved travel expenses will be reimbursed each pay period. This employee is classified as an At Will employee.
Administrative Assistant Qualifications/Skills
- Exceptional attention to detail. Employee should have the skills to implement existing policies according to the Land Trust Accreditation Commission Requirements.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and track pending administrative items.
- Effective written and verbal communication. Should be able to produce written materials for a variety of audiences and occasions.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and patience. Must communicate in a professional manner with the Board, staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Facilitation Skills. Employee will be expected to delegate tasks to board, staff, and volunteers.
- Commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and belonging in the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and proven willingness to learn.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Two to three years’ experience in an office setting
- Proficient with office software including Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and Teams; QuickBooks Online; lead meetings via Teams and Zoom
Submit Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
Shannon Disbennett, Office Manager